1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘Avatar’ reaches $1 billion worldwide

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Topdawg13, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    I haven't seen Avatar myself, but for those who have, how is it?

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I finally saw this today, Imax style. It was pretty sick. Never seen this kind of technology work so well in a film. the story was certainly unoriginal and they "borrowed" tons of concepts from other movies, but I guess that's not what it was all about. it was still okay story wise, but just a site to behold in the theatre.

i went to a 10:45 am showing, almost 2 months after its release, and it was PACKED. And there was a line around the corner to get into the 2:20pm show. this thing is a total money train.

Topdawg13 likes this.
  3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Its a visual spectacular.

As noted, the plot isnt new or groundbreaking, but it works. Lots of people dog it (plot), but its not that bad really - I think they may have just expected something never done before, forgetting that this kind of movie itself ... really hasnt been done before. Definitely worth heading to the theaters for imo.

Topdawg13 and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    yeah. it was so impressive, they really had to play it safe plot-wise. and it wasnt that bad. not to mention, the first hour, just getting used to the 3D, and before the plot even got started was just a complete, total blast. just pure fun and awesomeness.

Topdawg13 likes this.