1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0-3 with Henne now starting at QB....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Sep 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I think we can beat Buffalo this week. After that it is a total crapshoot.

So, that being said...

Has this season turned into on the field training for the Henne era and next season or are expecting anything to come out of this other than very rough year and Henne getting much needed playing time?

Do we have a Ryan, Sanchez or Flacco that can step right in and produce a winner or do we have another Beck who is just blah at best and is another wasted 2nd round QB pick?

I had to watch the game on my phone due to Sunday being Yom Kippur, but am about to watch the game on my DVR. I can't offer an opinion on Henne since I was watching it on a 3 inch screen...but it didn't look good at first glance.

2. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I honestly think we will be okay when he settles down. Just no more pick 6's please.

3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I think the rest of this season is Henne's one chance to make it as our starter. If he flubbs it, I think we look elsewhere in the coming draft.
    If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to make a prediction...I don't think he has what it takes. He has all the physical tools, but he doesn't seem to have the feel, the mental game. Maybe I'm wrong, that's just what my gut is telling me from my limited time watching him play.

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I think we've a 13 game pre-season ahead of us. This will be the acid test for Henne, whether you like him or not, let's all support him and hope that by the end of the season he looks like the real deal.

dolphindebby likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yep, Opie's got the post of the day right here.
    Certainly hope he gets it together cause we have sooooo many other area's we need to address in the draft.

dolphindebby and opfinistic like this.
  6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    front office are no fools
    must of seen something in Henne
    He's had a year as an understudy to prepare for this moment
    wish him the very best
    he has a long season ahead of him

7. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    i hate for Penny to have gotten hurt, he has earned my respect and will go down in history as one of my favorite Dolphins.

but we cannot go back and change the past. what happened, happened. and were it not for his injury, pretty soon we would be asking ourselves; "At what point do we give the keys to Henne and see what he's got?"

with that being the case, with this much season left, we will have a prety good idea whether he is the future or not by week 17. and we can then draft accordingly next offseason.

8. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    it truly sucks that Penny got hurt, but at least now we have a cut and dry situation where we can gauge how good Henne is

9. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    Much better than a QB controversy midway through the season.

Stitches likes this.
  10. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Well, Henne looked rough. I have to say though he didn't look as bad as I feared -I had in my mind a Drew Bledsoesque performance and he was definitely better than that.

11. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You go op!
    I need help on my cheerleading squad.
    You and Kenny interested? :wink2:

12. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    His mentor gets hurt, the whole team, with few exceptions are not playing a good game, then he's told to go out there and make plays. Uhmmm, I think that would freak anyone out. No matter how much you want it, no matter how much practice you've had, it would still be hard to walk on that field and be able to calm down enough to play really well.
    I hate CP is out, I really like him, but if Henne is our new QB, he needs support from the team and fans.
    Us Dolphin fans are the most impatient people I know. (me included)

djphinfan likes this.