1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08' Season...what its about for me.

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Sethdaddy8, Oct 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I had a few goals for this season. One is Miami taking that big step towards being better. Our 3 wins were against very good teams that were coming off wins and had momentum. We're competitive on a weekly basis, and can win on any given Sunday. I had no delusions of grandeur, nor do I now. Next week vs Denver is no better than a 50-50, and I do not expect a win. But the way we've been playing, we have that "you never know factor." Put a big fat check next to "taking steps towards getting better".

I had goals too, for the Pats to begin the decline. thats not to say "stink", but just begin to decline from that amazing run they've had. And now, they are beatable on any given Sunday, and the fact that we whipped them in their own house simply puts a check next to this category. But so does that aging defense. And I hate to say it, but Brady's future looking bleak with this injury and complications, is further trouble for the Pats. I don't care if he's Brady, i don't like people getting hurt, at the end of the day, its still a game. Then again, his day ends by screwing Jizzele so F him!:up:

Lastly, I had hoped for Jet Nation to scream and cry as the Mangina era, and Favre debacle ended in chaos and ruin. Mangina, a modern day "rat", should never work in this league again, and probably won't. Blubbering Brett Farve, gave a massive F U to his old team. Its a team that stuck behind him and were more than understanding throughout his tearful selfish career, and deserves to see the good ole boy flop.

You could hear the teeth chattering in fear as Mangini and co spent and spent recklessly, buying any and all brand name FAs they could. All to coax blue collar tri-state area folk into paying them high license fees. And much more importantly, to save their careers. "oft injured and a career 4-3 DT? screw it, lets give up picks and a fortune for him anyway. squeeze that square peg into the round hole baby! Lets pay all these guys...well be good, i swearz it!!!"

LAWL...and now the Jets are contenders right? Well let's see, they are finished with the softest part of their schedule and are 4-3. Lets see what's left, see if they'll contend?

Sunday, 11/02/08 @ Buffalo
    Sunday, 11/09/08 St. Louis
    Thursday, 11/13/08 @ New England
    Sunday, 11/23/08 TBA* @ Tennessee
    Sunday, 11/30/08 TBA* Denver
    Sunday, 12/07/08 TBA* @ San Francisco
    Sunday, 12/14/08 TBA* Buffalo
    Sunday, 12/21/08 TBA* @ Seattle
    Sunday, 12/28/08 TBA* Miami

The only 2 "soft" games are treks across the nation. You know how that Jet-Lag can be. right now, i cant call the rams soft, they're playing impressive ball. and honestly, you cant call Seattle soft either, as they are so well coached and have talent.

Today was their last "gimme", if there is such a thing in this league anymore. I said it in August, Favre coming back to the league is a disgrace, but his signing with the Jets is the best thing that could've happened to us. The writing was on the wall when they had to cut Pennington, not to be classy, but because they had NO cap room left to sign Favre. They needed to clear him out, to clear up space. Did they set their franchise back years? Will they draft a qb next April, just to have ole Bessy say..."well jeez, shucks, I gotta lil football left in this ole coot." I got my pen out ready for that check...The lamentations and screams of Jet Nation.