1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09 Mock by Todd McShay

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Apr 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
  2. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    I agree with you on Woods. The kid is good, but hes just a kid. He needs to stay in school. No way is he a first rounder next year (unless he has a monster year). And in that rotation at LSU, he might not even start. Maybe McShay meant Woods teammate on the DL, Ricky Jean-Francois as a top five pick. For those of you that don't know, he missed all season (Miles put him on probabation) and came back for the championship game and DOMINATED Ohio State in that game.

As for the Buckeyes, I'd say if there are two players in the first round, its probably two to many. But being an SEC fan, forgive me if I not so impressed with OSU. I like Laurenitis, but mostly because his dad was one of the Road Warriors. I don't think hes going to be a great pro. I do like their CB Jenkins, so maybe we take him. As for the rest of OSUs team, keep'em in Columbus.

3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    If Wells comes out early, he will be a 1st rounder as well as Alex Boone would likely be a 1st rounder along with the 2 mentioned above

4. Trackstar

Trackstar Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    FL
    So I guess all the experts are assuming we only win about 3 games next year? They might be in for a bit of a surprise.

Mock Drafts for 2009 are ridiculous at this point. It's a full year away.

alen1 likes this.
  5. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    McShay needs a PS3 or something to keep him busy. That is like someone doing their X-Mas shopping the day after Christmas

6. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Thats a terrible mock. Half those underclassmen won't even declare.

7. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    At this point, he shouldn't even include juniors.

8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Wow man so your denying The Bucks produce any kind of talent? Just because we have gotten beat in the last 2 national title games that warrants any of their players not to be picked? SEC ignorance in full swing.

9. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Yeah really, thats like saying a mock is no good and the biggest reason being it only has two players from my favorite team! Oh wait...........:tongue2:

10. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    They do produce talent (how could they not, they are the largest university in the country) but I am not as impressed by them as you are.

And I am a bit biased against them. Being an LSU fan, all I heard going into the CG was how Tosu was going to do this and do that, and how they had learned from the UF game and blah, blah, blah, blah.

LSU spotted them ten points and then made the Buckeyes look silly.It was a total domination. Did those people come to the board and give us props? Any, "hey man, you guys kicked our asses, great job". Nah. It was, "Well, we committed 5 personal fouls." And, "Well, the game was in NO, so it was basically a home game." And..."We really didn't expect to be any good anyway", to which I responded, "if you played in the SEC, you wouldn't have been".

So its not really ignorance (as you so brazenly, in Buckeye fashion, assume). Its superiority. SEC football is just better. We proved it again this past bowl season. And I was happy to see Michigan (the only big ten team I like) beat UF (the only SEC team I don't like). So for me, it was a win-win, all the way around.

I just wish the Buckeye fans had a little humility. But I already know from being around so many of them on the LSU boards, they don't have any. And its fine. They are 0-9 vs SEC in Bowl games. And they have to live with that.

11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007

I can understand Marcus Freeman and Robiske not on the list but leaving out CHRIS WELLS the best back in the country and Alex Boone. Camon Motion you know 4 Buckeyes Barring injury will be selected round 1.

Wow same can be said about SEC fans coming on Ohio St boards running their mouth. Understanble if its the team that beat us. Actually your wrong over at FinHeaven I congrats the Gators and Tigers on their victory. I show respect to other teams, I know how good the SEC is.

12. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I'm just messing with you bro. I think a mock for next year this early is a joke to begin with. Wells is a beast, no doubt. I think Lauranitis is a tad overrated but will still go 1st round for sure. My main complaint with this is how early it is and it includes so many underclassmen.

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX

[​IMG]

Motion likes this.
  14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Oh :lol: I know you did the whole :tongue2: but I ignored it :lol:

I agree everyone makes him better than he plays. He was no where near the LB AJ Hawk. JL needs to work on pass coverage, he gets lost in on coverage plays but he is a solid Run support LB with great instincts.

I believe Rey Maualuga is the best LB in the country.

See I'm not totally Bias I just believe atleast 4 Buckeyes go round 1 while possibly 6 go in round 1.

Motion likes this.
  15. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Man King more Buckeye hate?? Let me guess, its all some guys fault from FH who made people mad? :lol:

Buckeye fans cant really say much as far as head to head in bowl games. LSU was the best team in the country and actually played like it. Props to them. Florida played lights out and with a fire under their arse and OSU played like a team who couldnt care less.

Is the SEC the best conference in college football?? No question, but the bottom line is that "the best conference" comes in cycles.....it wasnt to long ago the Big Ten was the big dog now its the SEC in 3 years it might be the Pac-10....just the way it goes.

Being a Buckeye fan round here aint easy.....so be nice to us, we's people too :cry:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  16. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I mean it was 3-4 Buckeyes that cause this hate on FH, I had a minor part but I never talked trash like the other guys. I was cofident a little bit ****y but once we got beat I came back to the boards to eat my crow unfortunitly the other guys never came back.

Every team has those one group of fans who just talk crap.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    For the people who know me, you know I cant stand the Buckeyes and I am a :theu: fan but the Buckeyes are a very good team even if they did lose in the championship games. They produce very good talent. Here are a few names and stats in the NFL from OSU.

A few current OSU players on a roster:

Will Allen, Rodney Bailey, LeCharles Bentley, Nate Clements, Na'il Diggs, Mike Doss, Simon Fraser, Joey Galloway, Chris Gamble,Ted Ginn, Jr., Terry Glenn, Anthony Gonzalez, Ben Hartsock, A. J. Hawk, Santonio Holmes, Michael Jenkins, Mike Kudla, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, Shane Olivea, Orlando Pace, Ryan Pickett, Will Smith, Troy Smith, Shawn Springs, Alex Stepanovich, Mike Vrabel, Donte Whitner, Matt Wilhelm, Antoine Winfield, and Ashton Youboty.

Note: 19 of the players listed above are starters on an NFL roster.

Former notable NFL players who played at Ohio State include:

Lou Groza, Dante Lavelli, Jim Parker, Bill Willis, Cris Carter, Paul Warfield, Jim Marshall, Jim Houston, Jack Tatum, Randy Gradishar, Dick Schafrath, Jim Lachey, Tom Tupa, Chris Spielman, Korey Stringer, Raymont Harris, and Eddie George. Groza, Lavelli, Parker, Warfield, and Willis have been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Stats:

All information via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football

Fin-Omenal and BuckeyeKing like this.
  18. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Thanks Alen.

Ever Since Tressel came to Ohio St he puts a average of 7 Ohio St players in the NFL. This year only 3 were drafted, only because alot of juniors came back.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Anytime bro, got to be fair.

Yeah Tressel is a hell of a coach.

20. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Where those guys Dolphins fans?? I mean first and foremost this IS a Miami Dolphins board right?? You would think that the mutual love for the Dolphins could overshadow any type of BCS crap!

I dont see people fighting like crazy over pro teams on my Buckeye message board......ofcourse most of them are IDIOT Browns fans. :up:

--"Unite us!!! Unite the clans!!"

21. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Some of the stuff they were saying was borderline trolling.