1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

09' What its about for me.

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Sethdaddy8, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I remember writing this diddy, this time last year. It didn't get a ton of attention, but it was rather cathartic for me. http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=19692

And well, it's time for the 09 addition.

This year is about several things.

Sweeping the Bills again. We'll see if we can put a check next to the item on next Sunday. Things seemed a tiny bit scary in the off-season with the looming threat of T.O. and Lee Evans as a tandem. But now? Not so much.

The Pats. I think we were all hoping that Brady was no longer himself. And well, against the Jets week 2, he wasn't. But he's back, although the Pats are simply not an elite dominant team like they once were. Playing in N.E. with injuries to our best CB, NT, and ILB, we hung in with them until the bitter end. I think they are a bit concerned about facing us in a few weeks. They know it will be a hard game to win. And if we can split with Brady and the Pats, you can put another check next to this important 09 factor.

The Jests, ahh the Jests. Same ole Jests. A distant second favorite factor(the first being Miami) of professional football...the Jests crappin the bed. One of my biggest pet-peeves are crap talkers and liars. People who say crap, and could care less about the truth or legitimacy of their words. Rex Ryan did not know what he had as a team, or what he was himself, as a coach. But Jabba the Rex blabbered all summer and has yet to shut his gaping sheet-cake hole. And for what? Worse than mediocre results.

The Jets and their fans truly deserve each other. Their franchise is like the movie groundhog day. Off-season hope and hype leads to over-blown expectations and a complete meltdown. OVER and OVER AGAIN. Seriously, every fanbase could fall into this trap. Only the Jests are dumb enough to play the game. EVERY. SEASON. Travel to other boards (JN), you'll see things like "the phish phags suck", after losing a last second game to the Colts. The Fish are HORRIBLE, after playing the Saints almost to their first loss of the season. "LMFAO at gheyfish", for losing at New England.

Here's a nice recent scenario. A game at Carolina. Only 2 possible results, a win or a loss. Only possible things out of a Jet fans mouth:
    1) "hahaha, the fish lost, they suuuuuck!"
    2) "the fish won, god both teams SUUUUUUCK!!!"

Its really comedy gold. Puts a smile on your face, and all for FREE! Thank you internet!

See what Jet fans, and much of the league fails to realize is:
    week 1) we go to Atlanta, give up 4 turnovers, and lose an otherwise close game.
    week 2) we play the Colts to the wire, and give away a heart breaker.
    week 3) on a short week, fly out west to San Diego, lose our starting qb, the kid comes in and gives up a late pick 6, and we still play it down to the wire.
    week 7) dominate the saints for 3 quarters, and lose yet another heartbreaker, with MUCH help from the refs. 14 points handed away right before and after half seals our fate.
    week 9) as mentioned above, we go in defensively depleted and still play the Pats very hard.

And yet, teams like the Jets are "shocked" when we mop the floor with them, and find the way to win. Rexy, jet fans, and all the smack talkin players...I'm sorry, but your team is NOT good. Nor will they probably ever be under Sanchize and Coach Fat. You want to "embarrass " teams? Hey, try worrying about not finishing in last place.

But I'm looking forward to more week 2 Superbowls in early September. All this low-brow smack talk. No muzzles what so ever on any of the players or coach. All this, for ending up a crying, soft, blow-hard? Ahhh, it all equated to the cries and lamentations shortly to follow. Oh I drink those tears of shame and pain, like a cold beer on a hot summer night. And with the Jests, I know their is no end to the supply. Jest bubble bursted yet again? Check PLUS!

And lastly, and most importantly, US.
    We all knew this season would be a potential let down. This is a smart site and a smart fanbase. We knew we had the toughest schedule in the league and that it would take a lot to win. 9-7, 10-6 were a lot of hopeful predictions. 8-8 at worst. And yes, we have been KILLED by the injury bug, probably moreso than any other team in the league. But through this, our future has become the now.

Chad Henne has led us to a 5-2 rebirth. Our rookie CBs have grown up fast, and have certainly painted a very sunny future for us. We are a resilient bunch, and are right in the mix of things, here in week 11. With the hardest part of our schedule behind, but yet a difficult schedule remaining, we control our fate. Will we make the play-offs? Maybe. But that wasn't my main goal this year.

This year was about fulfillment. We ARE a tightly run organization. We ARE a well coached team. We HAVE great players and finally a QB to call our own. A lot more pieces to the long term puzzle have been installed. We are strong now, and only getting better. Next year and beyond, we become a perennial power. This year, lets take each Sunday as they come, since our odds of winning are ALWAYS very possible.

2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I'm gonna print up the OP and put it on my refrigerator!

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  3. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I forgot to add how I WISH the jests had to go back and play the Titans and Texans again. They would get friggin MOPPED up by either team right now.

4. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I'm not printing that one.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i hate the jets, and i'm enjoying watching them collapse. :D

i also don't think we should look past the bills, who i feel have been underperforming all year. while a new coach and fitzpatrick starting does not sound like a recipe for success, i wouldn't put it past them to all-of-a-sudden start playing at the level they should have been playing.

also don't forget that the value of all the tape we have on them from this year will be diminished now that they're mixing things up - i wouldn't put it past them to try something different against us.

bottom line is they have more talent on offense than we do right now. their defense isn't too shabby either with a good LB corps and a DB that is near the top of the league in picks.

don't look past the bills, is all i'm saying. :)

6. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

Believe me bro, no one is sleeping on the Bills. I however, thought Edwards was better than this, and thought they had the potential to make some noise this season. But we have 11 days to prep for them. Considering their turmoil as of late, I think we have a 70% chance of winning.

7. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Nice write up. Thanks, Sethdaddy.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.