1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 home win and how bad it really is....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Dec 26, 2010.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    The Carolina Panthers have 2 home wins this year and they are the worst team in the NFL. The Carolina Panthers have no QB, lots many key players to injury, will be cleaning house with the coaching staff and are going to probably be drafting Andrew Luck with the #1 pick.

We are worse at home than the worst team in the league. What does that say about us?
    :no:

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It is what it is, a trainwreck.

DolfanJake likes this.
  3. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Tells me we need to fire that moron Sparano now.

DolfanJake likes this.
  4. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I don't really see the difference between winning at home and winning on the road. I guess it's not good for the fans who actually attend the games but for me a win is a win. The fact that we have more losses than wins is what bothers me the most.

GMJohnson likes this.
  5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    If that happens this loss will have been worth it. Three years and there are more questions than answers.

DolfanJake likes this.
  6. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    The difference is that you should win the majority of your home games and you hope to go no worse than .500 on the road.

OK...so IF we had flipped that around this year we would have had around 10 wins (6 on the road, 4 at home). You pull out another win that you probably shouldn't have gotten at home and we have 11 wins.

Look at the Atlanta Falcons. Matt Ryan only has 1 loss as a starter at home since he has been there. The Falcons have two total losses this season, both on the road. You take care of business at home, and you should since the travel distraction is out of the way and you have the home field advantage. You need to be able to win on the road, but you better win at home. Winning at home cures a lot of things, financially and team wise.

texanphinatic and DolfanJake like this.
  7. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Here is the deal, the team needs to generate revenue especially at home games, this includes season tickets, luxury boxes, regular admission, merchandise and concession sales.
    If you can't win at home what happens ? People don't show up, look at this last game there were many empty seats. Ross must make a decision is he running a charity
    where he just gives his money away or is he running a business. At one time my friend every team feared going into Miami because they knew they had almost a zero
    chance of winning, but now teams look past the Dolphins. So yes winning at home is way more important then winning on the road.

maynard and DolfanJake like this.
  8. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    We lost to the Browns and the Lions! The lions 3rd string QB playing.
    OMG what is there to say?

dolfan32323 and DolfanJake like this.
  9. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    In Sparano talk it tells me "we didn't kick enough field goals"

DolfanJake likes this.
  10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Problem? Even the freakin Miami HEAT aren't selling out their stadium and they've got three of the biggest names in the sport. Not winning doesn't help anything but it'll take more than that to get people in Miami to go to the games.

11. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    While I'm not shifting ANY blame from the coaching staff for Miami's failure at home this season, there does need to be some focus on the failure shifted to the ownership as well. Remember this past off-season?

BREAKING NEWS--Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony purchase minoroty ownership of the Miami Dolphins
    BREAKING NEWS--Tennis superstar Venus Williams purchases minority ownership of the Miami Dolphins.

Jimmy Buffet...Pro Player Stadium now Landshark Stadium...now Sun Life Stadium

Parties...press conferences...photo shoots...

Celebrity distraction after celebrity distraction.

Being out in New Mexico, I wasn't able to see too many Miami Dolphins home games, but the ones that I did...Jesus Christ, it looked like a broadway production just introducting the team!!!!

It's no wonder they weren't focused.

Stephen Ross...this is FOOTBALL, not show business

Dolphin1184 likes this.
  12. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA

Well said. This team has become an f-ing circus.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  13. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    That is a blatant lie. The Heat sell out, because, just like the Fins they have a few thousand tix that are owned by scalpers. Worst law they ever repealed in Miami-Dade was the no scalping laws. If the scalpers don't resell their tix they go empty.

14. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    and just how much input do these minority owners have with personnel decisions?

15. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I could have swore Stanton was 3rd string.

16. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Please re-read my post.

I said nothing about personnel decisions by minority owners, only the distractions the team is forced to contend with by the circus of their presence.

17. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    If a few B list celebs are causing us to lose games because of lack of focus, then I want the coach fired now. Seriously, that's an overblown reaction.

Getting people to support the team is not a bad thing, especially when god knows we aren't bringing in any fans through gameplay.