1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10-pack: The worst moves (and non-moves) of the NFL offseason

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 14, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=411542

3. The Cowboys get fleeced.
    Because news of the trade between the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins came on the eve of the draft, it made the deal a bit less noticeable -- but no less remarkable.

The Cowboys sent linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Dolphins for a fourth-round draft pick. Total. Seriously.

Ayodele signed with the Cowboys as a free agent in 2006, and Fasano was a second-round pick that same year. Although Ayodele would have been bumped to the bench by free-agent pickup Zach Thomas, it's highly risky, at best, for Dallas to count on the veteran linebacker with the history of head trauma to stay on the field. Meanwhile, after dealing away Fasano, the Cowboys had to burn a second-round pick on a new tight end (Texas A&M's Martellus Bennett) to work behind Jason Witten

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Still think this one pays big dividends for us this year.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree. We got two probable starters for a 4th round pick, thats pretty damn good. I still remember the reaction here though when this deal was announced :lol: I thought a riot was going to break out. This is a great move for us, now it just has to play out on the field.

4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

i agree both players will be a big part of the team

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I thought this was the steal of this off season, two starters for a 4th, where do I sign?

6. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    Good to hear.

7. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Nice to see us doing the fleecing instead of the other way around.

azfinfanmang, alen1 and Silverphin like this.
  8. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Yeah, that was an amazing trade. Hopefully it plays out the way we all hope.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Same thing I thought. I thought that it would be something against us when I was opening this up.

10. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I never did understand the Cowboys willingness to so easily trade away Ayodele. Granted, they upgraded by signing Zach, and there's no question that he'll play his heart out for them. But I would be concerned about his durability if I were them. For me it seemed more prudent to hang onto Ayodele for another year. If Zach goes down again for any significant amount of time he may call it quits, then they're short.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Same thing here. I was really surprised when they gave him AND Fasano to us for a fourth. I could understand Fasano somewhat but was really surprised with Ayodele.

12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I guess this could very well be a great trade for us... but does anyone have an idea why the 'Boys have worked with us so closely this offseason ??? You'd think that the opposite would be true....does JJ really love the Tuna that much ?? I'm not to sure what to think about this...

13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Hardly. JJ and Parsnips were in it for Business only. Actually, I think there was much true hatred between them.

JJ needed Parsnips to fix his team (That he very openly screwed up) and Parsnips was being paid very well. :up:

14. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

In all the time I've been here and at our predecessor, I think a 4th for Ayodele and Fasano was the first trade I've ever seen that was universally greeted with acclaim. I haven't heard ONE person complain about the trade yet.

15. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    I agree, these trade was a better one for the phins. For the first time the phins got the better end of the deal .

16. bkbuffet

bkbuffet Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    If you really wanted to see something negative on this one, I'm sure there's a Cowboy fan somewhere who posted to their message board about another bad decision by Mr. Jones. :wink2:

17. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

My co-woker is cowboys fan and there not happy at all. the forum that he visits thought the phins made out, plus any OL the cowboys let go they feel Bill will sign....

18. dgb11112

dgb11112 Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2008
    Atlanta
    Yeah I was the one that put the post up right when the trade happened. I believe I said we bent the Cowgirls over again...

IMO It was a Steal. I also posted the stats for Adoyle. He is a 4 time pro bowler and 100 takcles plus each year. Fasano answered our question on spending a draft pick on a TE