1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Reasons Why My Heart is Broke, But I'm Not Without Hope

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Sep 21, 2009.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Quick thoughts:

1. Third down efficiency was out of this world. All the Pennington "haters", don't tell me Henne woulda converted all those 3rd downs. You don't control the clock for 45+ minutes without amazing qb play.

2. Don't kill the secondary too much. Yes, they missed some big plays, but Peyton Manning isn't a top-5 all time QB for nothing.

3. Teddy Ginn: You blew it.

4. 2 minute offense: I was tearing out my hair, but you know what? Had Ginn not choked, we woulda won this game. I'm not upset at Henning/Pennington.

5. Jake Long: Nice job. That one sack by Freeney was not your fault.

6. Excellent job by kick coverage team.

7. Why can't we cover TEs? Yes, Gonzo and Clark are the best in the business, but dammit, we got the Chargers next week.

8. Just when you thought the Wildcat was getting stale, we have a game like this.

9. Pat White better do something this year. He killed some drives today.

10. Short week and we gotta travel to the West coast. 0-3 is NOT an option.

TheMageGandalf likes this.
  2. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I agree with it all except I do place a bit more blame on the 2 minute offense than on ginn

obviously if he snags the ball we win, but it shouldn't have come down to that in the first place...

on national tv, our coaching looked ******ed.

3. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Ginn is our #1 guy. Our 2 minute offense put the ball on his hands in the end zone. What more do you want?

4. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I dunno man that's my opinion...Ginn was very productive all game but I just feel that poor coaching killed us in the final 3 minutes.

5. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I feel you.

I was screaming at the TV after that last TD. The O did look lost. Its just that we had a shot.......aw, screw it!

6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    pat white didnt kill any drives, they put him in to hand off on two draws. Gotta wonder why bother putting him in.

The rest of your post is true.

2k5 likes this.
  7. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    HEY

You guys do realize if Carpenter makes his missed kick, suddenly all we need is a FG at the end and not a TD?

Goes to show you that you CANT screw up ANY scoring opportunity man.

resnor likes this.
  8. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fair points I think, but Pat White didn't kill anything. He had two plays IIRC, and handed off on both of them. No different than having Ronnie do it.

9. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I guess so, but the whole rhythm was thrown off. Argh!!!!!! Brutal loss.

2k5 likes this.
  10. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I disagree. Pennington was coming out of the game on most of the Wildcat plays regardless I believe, it just so happened that sometimes White would come in instead of Cobbs. So nothing there would affect the rhythm, unless you are just referring to the Wildcat in general, but that just wouldn't make sense because it was a valuable weapon tonight

11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    putting white in is pointless if we're giving him such a short leash. Seriously, the guy can run. Let him run.

If he gets hurt, who cares? We're not using him anyway. God forbid we lose him lol

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    That was a prayer pass. You can't expect him to come down with that. If you're expecting perfection, which is what most are expecting whether they admit it or not, from your #1 WR... you'll always be disappointed.

13. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I really wanted to see the Wildcat play where we toss the ball back to the QB (White). I'd have loved to see White pump-fake and scamper for 20 yards. Tough loss.

14. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah I agree I want to see what he can do. I do believe that we had plans for him today, but not everything you plan can or should always be implemented. I'm confident that in time this season, we'll get to see what we've all been waiting for with White, whether it works or not.

Also it looked to me like one of the plays had White running the triple option, where he had the option for the draw (the one taken), the QB keeper on the sweep, and the traditional pitch look on an option. It may have been a diversion though, tough to say.

15. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I disagree 100%. That wasn't a prayer pass. It hit him in both hands. Yes, the degree of difficulty was high, but not unreasonably so for your #1 receiver.

mullingan likes this.
  16. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    yeah but the man kicked 3 40+ yarders off the dirt. he missed a 49 yarder, where the attempt was the results of a chicken **** 3rd down call. im proud of the job carpenter did.

Firesole likes this.
  17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    While it may true Ginn wasn't clutch, the defense wasn't even there.

How this does not go down as one of the worst defensive efforts.....EVER in the history of the nfl, is beyond me.

The colts gained over 300 yards and 27 points in less than a quarter.

The only time you'll see numbers like that is if you play against a baby on Madden.

18. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Announcer's mentioned that it was 32 YEARS since a team
    won a game with such a low time of possession (14:53)

So our defense allowed something that hasn't happened in 32 years...need we look any further for the BIG problem

Fin D likes this.