1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 Yards

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Our D held the Denver running game to 14 yards for the entire game! This stat amazes me.

Congrats to our entire defense for this win. Our front 7 dominated their run game and our secondary played as good as I've seen it play since the Madison/Surtain days.

That game yesterday was really fun to watch. Go Phins!

anlgp likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

14 yards. :D!

I hope when we face the raidas we can hold them to a puny 70 yards like they were yesterday

3. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Every time an offense gets close to the goal line I say "don't let them run it in". I HATE having a team rush it in on us. The 14 yards was good, real good. :up:

anlgp likes this.
  4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I never thought our run D would be this good without BOTH Zach Thomas and JT.

Kudos to Parcells/Ireland/Sparano for reshaping our defense.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Considering where this team was in rush defense last year, this statistic makes me feel all fuzzy inside. 14 yards allowed to a team that is known for running the ball successfully down peoples throats for nearly decade and a half (or at least that's how long I can think of). I watched the game via stream so it was all blurry but it seems like the coaching staff made sure that our ILB's, Ayodele and Crowder, did not over-pursue on the counters and so forth.

By the way, does anyone else still think I'm out of my mind for saying put Jason Allen on Marshall? Just asking.