1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Half Notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Great 1st half by the Dolphins, they looked better then they did against the Bills. Made big plays on both sides of the ball.

However, I have one big concern. Why can't we ever pull away from opponents? We were in FG range then get knocked out. Then on 2nd and 18 and 3rd and 20 we run the ball twice, questionable calls. Let Henne throw a bomb, if it get's intercepted then it's just like a punt anyway. We need some guts to get some points. Points are the single most important stat, we need to get them.

Defense still looks pretty good, there was some blown coverage but I guess that is expected against the team that lost in overtime in the NFC Championship on the road. We can't expect them to hold a measly 7-0 lead, it falls on the offense right now.

Hartline made his catches. But...where is Bess? We haven't thrown to him yet. Also, the run game looks good against the best run D in the NFL. They already have more yards then the 75 that the Vikings have averaged against opponents.

Alright, here's to scoring some POINTS in the 2nd half! You know the Vikings aren't going to sit on 0 points. And please don't go 3 and out to start the 2nd half, it seems like that always happens to us.

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I thought it was just me who thought this.

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Honestly, I have no qualms with the playcalling right now.

We pulled out Wildcat so early, and I wasn't happy to see it. But it was a new formation.....and it worked! I'm very surprised at how we've been able to run the ball on this vaunted front four/seven.

We're a heavy play action team, and we've yet to see it. With 90 yards rushing already in the bank, I expect Henning to call it.

Jake Long and his gimpy knee is absolutely owning Jared Allen to this point. Ladies and gentleman, we've got a beat at left tackle.

Defense is going to give up plays to Favre and this offense in the dome. Give the opponent credit. But they've stood up when they've had to and SHUT OUT the Vikings in the dome thru a half.

Very impressive showing by our Dolphins. I could not have expected better. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Damn again, a nice long clock eating drive that fizzles out right outside of FG range. I liked using the wildcat early in the game, but now the traditional offense is working, we don't need it right now.