1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Rd Pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/01/08 - The Miami Herald reports that Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga does not plan on trading the first pick of the 2008 NFL Draft. He made this clear yesterday at the owner meetings. Many people thought that the Dolphins would try to trade it because of the guaranteed money they’d have to pay an unproven rookie who was drafted number one. They could have been considering the long contract struggles with the Raiders and their number one pick, JaMarcus Russell. However, it looks like Miami will take the risk and draft at number one. The issue, according to Huizenga, could be the length of the contract, not the amount of money. Both are potentially disagreement between the player and organization, and a hold out, even though we don’t know the player right now, is not unlikely. Unless the team plans on drafting Matt Ryan, a potential franchise quarterback, I’d try to trade the pick. They don’t want to get in financial trouble in a heavy rebuilding quest. Chris Long and the two takes, Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis are good, but I’m not sure if they’re worth the money they’ll be asking for. Miami can get picks, and use them to get some depth on their team. However, they feel that its best to keep it, apparently. - Patrick Dorsey, Most Valuable Network
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/index.php

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
    alen1 likes this.
  2. brparkway

brparkway Season Ticket Holder

Dec 16, 2007
    Roanoke, VA. U.S.
    This just sounds like Wayne spouting off again. I have a hard time believing he's gonna tell Bill Parcells he CAN'T trade the pick.