1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 AFC East Preview

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I think the jury is still out on if we're going to bother using tight ends in the passing game and giving Fasano the projected stats.

Other than that, I'd say the article is roughly about where I'd put everyone in the east.

2. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

i was flipping through the latest Lindy's Pro Football magazine and found it interesting that based on a scale of 1-10 for all of the teams facets, the Jets are one percentage point above Miami until you figure in the intangibles they add. they give NY an even on a scale -2 to +2. Miami is given a +2 and overall beat out the Jets by 1 point for 3rd place in the division.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Well written and pretty much what I expect to happen next season, record wise.

4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    If Lynch is off the Bills because of this hit and run thing they will be in trouble.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    They have Ronnie at 1500 yards with 11TDs + we have Ricky and our biggest strength is HOPE??? That was a weak shot on that one.

Also, Lynch prob wont get suspended for more then a game (maybe not being allowed in Canada if he gets convicted of that misdemeaner).

6. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    If Miami improves by four wins with what they have at Quarterback, Receiver and in their Secondary, you should all be doing backflips. If the Jets are 7-9, people are going to be asking for Mangini's head on a platter.

7. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Tell me in what areas you are significantly better? I think we have the better running backs, D-line and perhaps even O-line.

IMO it will be a close fight to see who gets second place between NY, us and the Bills.

8. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    You can't be serious with the Defensive Line and Offensive Line.

You have to take Jason Taylor out of the Defensive Line as he is now a Linebacker in the 34. You're going to tell me your 34 Line is better than ours? Don't think so.

As for Offensive Line, really?

Alan Fancea, D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold? Seriously? There isn't a Dolphin better than either. Satele is nice, but after him, who? Jake Long? Unknown. Vernon Carey? Wasn't he supposed to be this great Left Tackle and turned into a Right Guard?

Yes you have the better Running Backs, woohoo!

And to the poster above, really, are you serious?

Well, lets view this way:

You have John Beck, a man with what? Four starts? And Chad Henne, a rookie.
    We have Chad Pennington, a man whose taken teams to the playoffs all be it his lack of arm strength and Kellen Clemens who has seven career starts and more NFL experience than Beck.

Alan Faneca was a great singing, no way where near over-rated. Calvin Pace is a good player who was given far too much money. Damien Woody was an upgrade over what we have and has been a solid player. Vernon Gholston was the smart draft pick who was not just a workout warrior, but produced in college and was the only man to have any kind of edge on your man Long.

Our free agent pickups trampled yours and our Quarterback situation is much better. We have the better receivers, Offensive Line, Tight Ends, Defensive Line, Inside Linbackers, Cornerbacks and Safetys.

Tell me, where are the Dolphins edge? Parcells? Thats it? He'll turn your team around, but with your QB situation, don't expect better than 4-12 in 2008. By 2010, you'll be contenders. Don't you worry.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree with everything bro, good post.

Btw, Woody was let go by the Lions who gave up the most sacks last year I believe which is not a good thing.

10. Marino1983

Marino1983 Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I think that preseason projections are just plain B-S..

There are just too many variables that need to play out before the first regular season game...

The billy's and the jest have just as many question marks on both sides of the ball as the Phins!

The jest threw a ton of money to address most of their holes and as most teams find out, f-a is not a quick cure to fixing multiple problems on a teams roster..

The billy's made some nice moves on the defensive side of the ball. But to say that they are the second best team in the division or that a playoff spot is in their grasp is beyond premature. Their qb situation is just as problematic as the the Phins or the jest.. Edwards might have won a few games as their qb but imo they won those games in spite of Edwards behind center..

The patsies are the favored to repeat as divisional winners as it should be.. But no one can or will ever convince me that all the bad press that this organization has received since they choked in last years S-B has not or will not affect them as a team and how they play the game..

The Phins deserve to be ranked where they are at.. But I am reminded of a team a few years ago that was a total disaster that won only one more game than the Dolphins..
    The folowing season those saints rode that horse all the way to the NFC Championship!

Marino1983

11. FinsFan_In_Iraq

FinsFan_In_Iraq New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Gotta love Jets fans....but really I'm loving their FO. They did an awesome job of Redskins syndrome. Sign a bunch of over-priced FA's and put the team in future salary cap hell trying to save their own jobs. Reminds me of Wannie too. They spent a ton of moneyh on some guys that if they actually pan out still won't push them into the playoffs. The end result, Mangini gets canned and they start over again. The Fins on the other hand finally got smart and tore it down and started over. IMO did a hell of a job putting the building blocks in place to open nexy yrs draft for skill position players. The Jets will continue to circle the track while Miami actually makes progress in winning the race.

12. FinsFan_In_Iraq

FinsFan_In_Iraq New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    I forgot to add, that was the first time I've seen a Jets fan brag about having Chad NoodleArm...Im pulling up my boots because the **** is getting deep.

gafinfan likes this.