1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Player Rankings regardless of position by PFW

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Awesome they have Cody Brown at 35.

3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I might have a few issues with some of those rankings, but it is always different person by person. Still some have me saying wow.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    They have an odd way of ranking these prospects in my opinion. If you look at their grade scale for those rankings, they'll show you that these rankings seemed to be based off of guesses of these players futures. I don't agree with some of those and I also wonder if they watch these players or if they are just guessing. I know that may sound a bit off the wall but its something that I question.

5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thought I'd pick your brain on this one. Was watching the FSU-Maryland game and Everette Brown caught my eye. I remembered Boomer saying in a thread that FSU was known to boost players' heights and weights, and Brown is listed at 248, so one would assume 240ish right?

The announcers were saying he's now weighing in at 260-265lbs range. IF that's true, and he's a legit 6'2" or 6'3", or even the 6'4" he's listed at; I tend to think of him as LaMarr Woodley part deux. A very nice, sizeable prospect at 3-4 SOLB if he can prove he can handle coverages.

He's obviously not as adept at dropping into coverage as a prospect like Curry or Sintim; nor was Woodley coming out, but Brown has a wide array of rush moves - personally saw the spin, the swim, and the rip tonight.

What is your opinion of him?

6. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Brown is a guy who will flash during the game. He can rush the passer, but depends on the spin move more than he should. If the OT keeps their feet in a good football stance then chances are Brown won't be successful in getting the the QB. Brown is not a guy who is a stack and shed type player, rather one who relies on quickness to beat his opponent.

Won't stand up to inline blocking in the pros. He'll have to switch to LB in a few schemes due to this part of his game.

Honestly, he features a limited pass rush repetroire and relies on speed over technique and leverage which is a shame. He will tease you with ability but isn't going to be tyhis dynamic in the pros.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Con I take it you are still about Sintim and English if SOLB is the route Miami desides to go in round 1 or 2?

8. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Sintim would be the strong side player whilst English would have to be weakside. English isn't as good at setting the edge or standing his man up as Sintim.

9. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    Interesting list. Thanks for the link.

10. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Curry at 1, Orakpo at 4, Laurinatis at 11, Unger at 16???

But then Cornelius Ingram who blew out a knee in August and hasn't played a snap all season is at 24???? And this guy got PAID??

Joel Buchsbaum is spinning in his grave. Bruce Johnson at 46??

That is one horrific list.