1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009, the year of the WildPat offense.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Aug 11, 2009.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    WildPat...I kinda like the sound of that. I know that they have been calling it the Pat Package. However, WildPat just has a better ring and is a great marketing tool. The league is a copycat league and other teams will be trying the Wildcat this year. However, when you are the leader and ahead of the pack...you need to remain there. Not many others can copycat the WildPat...unless they sign Vick.

-----
    Q: Mike, great job with the training camp updates. I look forward to them every day. I heard reports that the Dolphins aren't even going to practice their WildPat offense until they are behind closed doors. If this is true, when does that take place and how do you see them using White? Do you see the Dolphins installing this like a team switching to a West Coast offense? Benny in Jersey City.

A: Thanks, Benny. Couple points on the WildPat. First, the Dolphins were able to install the Wildcat a year ago without showing it a single time during open practices or preseason games, so there would be enough time to tweak it to White's specifications without our knowledge. Secondly – and maybe more importantly – White is going to have to become far more accurate with his passing out of the base offense before anyone should get too excited about his potential in the so-called WildPat. As shown again Monday night, when his sailing passes nearly clocked media members AND Bill Parcells, there is now a space in the middle of that cutesy phrase: Wild Pat.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    shift from right to left or into the spread.
    wonder when we'll see it?
    will add an absolute 4th dimension to the WildCat
    & create chaos amongst
    the opposition defenses we will face in 2009 :up: