2009 ThePHINS.com Contests - Win a pair of Pro Bowl Tickets!
52 replies
"femalefinfan wrote:
For the gridiron challenge, do you have to set your team every week?
Nope, if you are happy with your players you can let them ride. Or, if you are unhappy with them or they are on a bye week you can trade them for another player at their current salary. :)
That last play for the Donkey's ****ed me in eliminator. DRATS!!
anyone else get locked out of the ESPN games this week? For some reason I cant make my picks anymore for the contests.


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
anyone else get locked out of the ESPN games this week? For some reason I cant make my picks anymore for the contests.
I made mine last night and checked again just now and everything is working fine. Perhaps they were just having problems at that time? Or, perhaps you are not signed into ESPN?
"GoPhins! wrote:
I made mine last night and checked again just now and everything is working fine. Perhaps they were just having problems at that time? Or, perhaps you are not signed into ESPN?
yup you got it. my account logged off and i had to sign back in :lol: :up:


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
anyone else get locked out of the ESPN games this week? For some reason I cant make my picks anymore for the contests.
I've been also ever since week 1. However, i still make my picks but what I have to do is to click on the "create or join a group" and search for thePhins.com. When I select it, it will then allow me to make my picks and keeps the tally straight, so far, for every week except week 1. Week 1 is the only week that shows up publicly but my total for the other weeks right now is 73. That along with week 1's of 13 totals 86 and would show that if the tally was correct. Even so, I'm far off my mark from last year. :cry:
Damn Yankees, I guess!! :D
DD....the #1 Delaware Dolfan..........................
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
"DeDolfan wrote:
I've been also ever since week 1. However, i still make my picks but what I have to do is to click on the "create or join a group" and search for thePhins.com. When I select it, it will then allow me to make my picks and keeps the tally straight, so far, for every week except week 1. Week 1 is the only week that shows up publicly but my total for the other weeks right now is 73. That along with week 1's of 13 totals 86 and would show that if the tally was correct. Even so, I'm far off my mark from last year. :cry:
Damn Yankees, I guess!! :D
I have sent them a couple of messages but I have never heard back from them. I will send them another one now. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.
"GoPhins! wrote:
I have sent them a couple of messages but I have never heard back from them. I will send them another one now. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.
Thanks. I sent the a message about it myself back then but not heard anything yet either. it's no big deal to me as I "can prove" my standings but it's all in fun anyway. The biggest thing to me is why it malfucntioned like this. probably operator error if you know what I mean!!! I will have a stupid attack now and then!!! :lol: :D
DD....the #1 Delaware Dolfan..........................
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
So, what happens if we all get eliminated at the same time in eliminator? Do we all win?
"2k5 wrote:
So, what happens if we all get eliminated at the same time in eliminator? Do we all win?
yep, you would all split the prize.
"GoPhins! wrote:
yep, you would all split the prize.
So if four of us won we'd all get three months?
Wow! you all picked the Titans. So, if they lose you will all split the prize.
"2k5 wrote:
So if four of us won we'd all get three months?
Yep!
Actually, there are 5 tied for first place now. I would say that 3 months would be the minimum prize no matter how many win.
"GoPhins! wrote:
yep, you would all split the prize.
What??? For all losing ???? :sidelol:
DD....the #1 Delaware Dolfan..........................
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
how much would it cost me to put a hit out on these members for pigskin pickem :shifty:
1 Tractor Traylor, z. nizolek 147
2 BigDogsHunt, S. Rover 144
I dont like being tied for 2nd place :lol:
"GoPhins! wrote:
Welcome to the 2009 thePHINS.com New and Improved Contests!
Pigskin Pick’em – Contestants pick the winner of each NFL Game every week. The person with the most correct picks at the end of the regular season is the winner and will receive two (2) tickets and a parking pass to the NFL Pro Bowl * to be held January 31, 2010 in Miami Florida and a one year Club membership at thePHINS.com.
The contest is hosted by http://www.espn.com. To register and play go to http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin , click on "My Groups" then click on "Create or Join a Group". This will bring up a group list. Find thephins.com (type it into the search field and click to see "private" groups) then click on "thephins.com". This will bring up the password page. Enter "2009thephins" (without the quotes) into the password field and click "Join This Group". You may only enter one team into this contest. if you enter multiple teams into this contest all of your teams will be disqualified
So what is the tie-breaking scenario for this contest?
"Tractor Traylor wrote:
So what is the tie-breaking scenario for this contest?
Typically the tiebreaker for these types of games is the tiebreaker score for the last week. But, I will check the ESPN rules to see if they use a different tiebreaker.
"Tractor Traylor wrote:
So what is the tie-breaking scenario for this contest?
HAHA...was wondering that myself.
Honestly, the year long site membership is what I thought was the reward, would be happy with that. (damn, forgot about ProBowl as an award...LOL).
interesting.....
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
"GoPhins! wrote:
Typically the tiebreaker for these types of games is the tiebreaker score for the last week. But, I will check the ESPN rules to see if they use a different tiebreaker.
I stand corrected. That was for the weekly tiebreakers. Here are the ESPN overall tiebreakers. They are not quite half way down the page.
http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin/en/story?pageName=pigskin\rules
OVERALL TIEBREAKERS:
* Tiebreaker #1 - Higher number of points scored for Week 17
* Tiebreaker #2 - Higher number of points scored for Week 16
* Tiebreaker #3 - Higher number of points scored for Week 15
* Tiebreaker #4 - Higher number of points scored for Week 14
* Tiebreaker #5 - Higher number of points scored for Week 13
* Tiebreakers will continue backwards from week thirteen (13) until week one (1).
"GoPhins! wrote:
I stand corrected. That was for the weekly tiebreakers. Here are the ESPN overall tiebreakers. They are not quite half way down the page.
http://games.espn.go.com/pigskin/en/story?pageName=pigskin\rules
Points scored = # of games correct for week #17 ???
sweet!
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
"Tractor Traylor wrote:
So what is the tie-breaking scenario for this contest?
You won the other contest though didnt you? congrats on that!
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
"BigDogsHunt wrote:
You won the other contest though didnt you? congrats on that!
Yea, nice work... we were neck and neck through the whole year. Whats killing me is that I changed my pick from Houston to New England about 3 minutes before the lockout.... oh well. Enjoy the game, should be a blast. Honestly, up until this week, I thought the Gridiron Challenge competition was the contest for the Pro Bowl. Oops. Congrats again, well deserved.
"BigDogsHunt wrote:
Points scored = # of games correct for week #17 ???
sweet!
Correct and Congrats!
I will post all of the winners officially tomorrow. :up:
"GoPhins! wrote:
Correct and Congrats!
I will post all of the winners officially tomorrow. :up:
Sweet!.....thanks for doing this.
BDH -
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
Jimmy V. (Mar '93)
