2010 Roush Mustang

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pagan, Mar 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Yea yea...I know I post alot of Mustang stuff...but this is sweet.

And Vampire Baby can kiss my ***. :lol:

[​IMG]

03-18-09: The ROUSH 2010 427R™ Mustang will be the first in the lineup of new ROUSH® 2010 Mustangs to have a ROUSHcharger® installed which boosts the horsepower to 435 and offers 400 lb.-ft. of torque. This is the first time that ROUSH has been able to offer a supercharged vehicle at the launch of a new body style.

[​IMG]

Under the hood customers will see many differences in the ROUSH 2010 427R Mustang compared to previous years. One of the biggest changes is that the long air induction tube that wrapped around the engine was eliminated making a much cleaner appearance under the hood. The intercooler reservoir has more than twice the volume of previous generations, and the intercooler itself is a single core cross-flow radiator which means more efficient cooling. It is substantially larger than on prior model years, and is now raised higher off the ground which should offer much less potential for road debris damage.

[​IMG]

Even the hoses on the ROUSH 2010 427R have seen an upgrade; they are all now 100 percent molded rubber with abrasion resistance and have imprinted markings for things like the clamp locations. This makes for even more of a true OEM appearance under the hood, and ROUSH has taken this factory appearance to the degree of matching the Ford grain on the OEM radiator reservoir and duplicated it on the one used by the intercooler. Although much of the 4.6L, 3V powertrain components are a carryover from that used on the 2005-2009 ROUSH Mustangs, customers will notice much more refinement and OEM-level quality materials and appearance on the new ROUSHcharged™ engines. This new 427R™ is be covered by a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty.

[​IMG]

The 2010 427R™ includes an appearance package which is comprised of several components such as a new front fascia and front splitter, rear fascia, side splitters, and a three-piece rear wing. The new rear fascia is a one-piece design which improves the fit and finish; the part is injection-molded by ROUSH Manufacturing in an OEM-level TPO plastic which, in the black color with decorative grain, will help reduce rock chips. The vehicle rides on 18-inch cast chrome wheels with high-performance Cooper Zeon tires, with a new 20-inch cast chrome wheel as an available option.

[​IMG]

This package also includes an all-new suspension package to greatly enhance the handling of the vehicle and turn that daily commute into a slalom course. The ROUSH chassis engineering team has driven tens of thousands of miles on the streets and tracks to create the best blend of comfort and handling, and claim that this is the best suspension package they have come up with yet for the Mustang. A ROUSH wheel hop reduction kit will be included with all vehicles that have the upgraded ROUSH suspension package installed at the factory.

[​IMG]

ROUSH Stage 1 Package (MSRP: $5,952):

• ROUSH Front Fascia with Driving Lamps
    • ROUSH Front Chin Splitter
    • ROUSH Side Rocker Splitters
    • ROUSH Rear Valance
    • ROUSH Rear Decklid Spoiler
    • ROUSH Fender Badges and Rear Decklid Emblem
    • ROUSH Front Windshield Banner
    • ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
    • ROUSH Center Console Badge/Button
    • ROUSH 18-inch Cast Chrome Wheel & Cooper High-Performance Tires
    • ROUSH Stage 1 Serialized Engine Bay Plaque

ROUSH Stage 2 Package (MSRP: $7,326):

• ROUSH Rear Valance
    • ROUSH Suspension System (includes: front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, front sway bar and rear sway bar and jounce bumpers)
    • ROUSH Stage 2 Serialized Engine Bay Plaque

ROUSH 427R Package (MSRP: $14,156):

• ROUSHcharged 4.6L Powertrain System (additional components include: ROUSHcharger, intake manifolds, intercooler & radiator, air induction system and ROUSH calibrated ECM)
    • ROUSH Rear Valance
    • ROUSH427R Striping Kit
    • ROUSH Four-Piece Performance Pedals
    • ROUSH Billet Aluminum Shifter Handle with Grips (Manual Transmission only)
    • ROUSH Suspension System (includes: front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, front sway bar and rear sway bar and jounce bumpers)
    • ROUSH Engine Build Plaque Signed by Engine Builder
    • ROUSH 427R Serialized Engine Bay Plaque

[​IMG]

2. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't care about what other people think...you keep posting Mustang related topics. That is a very sweet car.

DOLPHAN1 and Pagan like this.
  3. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    And boobs.

4. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    :sidelol:

Instead of that song "Titties & Beer" I should get my band to write one called "Mustangs & Boobs", huh? :tongue:

DOLPHAN1, calphin and opfinistic like this.
  5. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Pagan, are these only upgrade packages or can you buy them from a dealership also?

6. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I'm sure they'll start showing up in dealerships bro. They did for the last generation after awhile.

7. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Ooo, a convertible...now we're talkin.

8. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Not a fan of the convertibles, but I will take the hardtop for a spin or two...

9. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Im not a fan of Roush (nascar wise, i know, this is "different"), or ford for that matter... but i LOVE the mustangs... always have, and that right there... is a sweet lookin car.

:up:

10. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    looks nice. the aftermarket is one thing I'm totally jealous of Mustangs for. Everything for the MINI is sooooooo expensive.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  11. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    That's one of the most important things (among many) that Ford is doing right.

They know that the Mustang is the most customized out of all cars sold, so they basically gave the blueprints of the 2010 model (as they did with the last gen) to aftermarket companies WELL in advance of the car's debut. The parts are available when the car is released.

In fact, some companies already have 2010 parts for sale, and the car won't be in dealerships for at least another month or two.

Brilliant.

Coral Reefer likes this.
  12. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It's very brilliant.

From what I understand having talked with a rep within the Mustang division when dealing with them with our past advertising agency, letting the aftermarket companies do the power enhancements also saves Ford money.
    There are liability costs associated with producing cars over a certain horsepower. It's why Ford never releases a "stock" pony car that is on level with a corvette like Chevy produces and why they've always been so open with aftermarket companies. Even their Cobra models are run through a seperate division owned by Ford, the SVU team.

Ford has always done wonders with the Mustang and the entire company is now seemingly making all the right moves.

The new Rousch is sweet although they've always been a little overpriced for what you get.
    This one may be different.

13. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It depends on the dealership HardKore.

Some Ford dealerships will carry aftermarket cars on premise.
    Marooney Ford in Lauderdale has always carried onsite aftermarket Mustangs from Saleen and Rousch from what I remember. Other dealers you'd just be able to order the car but not drive out with it.

14. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Saleen is jumping into the fray also, which we knew they would. No unvieling yet, but a sneak peek at the 2010 Saleen Mustang:

[​IMG]

Man, say what you will...but Ford is so far out in front of the Musclecar Wars it'll take a miracle for Chrysler or Chevy to catch up.