1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 FinO Forecast

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin-Omenal, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Why not predict the 2011 season game by game? I have nothing better to do.

WEEK 1- N.E. Someone started a thread asking if we could win this game....I say we can, and we WILL. I realize they pummeled us at home on MNF last season ( I had a front row seat to the slaughter) but our defense played much better than the score and Tom generally struggles in Miami. The crowd will be hyped the defense will be coming and Brady will be on his back often. South Florida will be buzzing after this upset. MIA 23 NE 13

WEEK 2- HOU Im not sure we have EVER beat the Texans? Infact I know we havent and we have always found weird ways to lose, well NOT THIS TIME!!!! They will do to us what we did to Tom Brady....sack the hell out of us. Wade Phillips is an amazing coordinator and our questionable OL will look that way this week. HOU 27 MIA 10

WEEK 3- @CLE This Browns team has a solid young offense with McCoy looking like the perfect west coast QB, Cleveland is everyones pick to suprise...but did people forget they have to play defense to?? Switching to a 4-3 and the only player to look the part is rookie Phil Taylor...he will NOT be enough, Marshall abuses Joe Haden. MIA 27 CLE 20

WEEK 4- @SD Philip Rivers is going to get his....but is Ryan Matthews the answer?? SD had the NFL's #1 ranked offense AND defense but I have a feeling we start to like Chad Henne and this offense after another fine road victory. MIA 34- S.D 24

WEEK 6- @ JETS Another national TV game for the Phins, I dont believe the Jets offense can beat us but unfortunatley their defense can....Henne struggles Offense struggles....JETS 17-MIA6

WEEK 7- DEN Oh hello Kyle Orton! Denver comes in on "Gator day" sporting a good offense and a defense that is fast of the edge. Good thing we drafted that Long Guy and Daniel Thomas will have a big game(finally) MIA 20 DEN 17

WEEK 8- @NYG Back to NY we go for what I see as ANOTHER ugly game....both teams try to run the ball and look stupid doing it. In the end the combo of Nicks and Eli are just better than Henne n Marshall. NYG 19 MIA 11

WEEK 9- @K.C Not the best place to go on the road to...KC has a young defense on the rise and a pretty average offense imo....Eric Berry picks of Henne to seal the deal. KC 17 MIA 13

WEEK 10- WAS Will it be John Beck returning to Miami? Very likely, but this is a team that is as scary as a school girl imo, Phins are angry Defense gets loose. MIA 24 WAS 0

WEEK 11- BUF The Bills could very well end up with Andrew Luck next season, this teams doesnt have very much talent at all, Henne has grown and plays well at home vs a bad team. MIA 28 Buff14

WEEK 12- @DAL Happy thanksgiving in Dallas! The last two times this occured Jay Fiedler looked like Dan Marino and Dan Marino looked like Jay Fiedler....the Cowboys have some fire power on offense but a banged up line and WE have Cam Wake. MIA...Oh wait we have a banged up OL also and they have DeMarcus Ware...DAL 23 MIA 17

WEEK 13- OAK The Raiders come to Miami with a solid defense and a questionable offense...Jacoby Ford is happy to be here though. In the end our defense is better were at home and Im assuming Chad Henne wont suck in these scenarios anymore. MIA 19 OAK 10

WEEK 14- PHI Hey look the dream team is in town....well I think Mike Nolan can contain Vick and crew. But even IF we do they have Chad vs their defense. I dont like it one bit. Ronnie flips the bird and leaves Miami a winner. PHI 17 MIA 9.

WEEK 15- @BUF In Buffalo in December is never easy, they hate us we seem to split with them alot lately despite the talent differential. But in an attempt to secure the #1 pick they start Tyler Thigpen who gives a Phins vs Bears type performance. Offense looks rough but Dan Carpenter wins the game. MIA 10 BUF 7

WEEK 16- @NE Bad Ba Bad....its in Foxboro late in the year, we shocked them on opening night Billy is ticked and they throw holes through our defense, late surge by offense is denied, NE 30 MIA 24

WEEK 17- JETS Sanchez and co. come to Miami in the same boat as the fish....out of the playoffs. Rex's girls are already defeated just as their high expectations were....WIN ONE FOR SPARANO is the motto as the battle of 8-7 teams goes to the Phins. MIA 24 NYJ 19.

Damn 9-7!? Well thats the best I could come up with...I feel like we improve more than people think but still miss the playoffs. :sad:

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think we take our games vs the AFCW, v the Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders, think we take both from Buffalo

-Wk #1..this is surprising the most unsettled I've seen a Belicheck team, they just waived their starting Safety, think we take this one but the Oline is still "gelling" good thing the pats did not address a passrusher 24-20
    -Wk #2..Wade Phillips is a good DefCord, not that good, we break the streak!! 27-21
    -Wk #3...trap game and a classic one at that, Daboll knows McCoy and maybe that gives us the edge, maybe not...Phins 17- 10 or Browns 17-10
    -Wk #4 SD..I suspect they take that one, SD 28-14
    -Wk #6..Dolphins, Sparano has the edge on Ryan, for whatever reason, 21-14
    -Wk #7..Broncos problem is on the Defensive side of the ball, we have Nolan, they have no DT's of note, Fox likes the power run game, this is my real concern with dumping Crowder, how do we handle power running teams? Dolphins 24-17
    Wk #8 NYG..think they take it, 28-14
    Wk#9 KC..yummy...Matt Cassell sans Weis, KC reverts to their mean..Dolphins 21-KC 10
    Wk #10 We get Becked...Skins 17 Dolphins 10, every backup Qb/Fmr Dolphin haunts us
    Wk #11 Bills, in Miami, the corpse of Fitzpatrick is picked off 3 times, Miami 27 Bills 10
    Wk #12 Dallas, we should win this game, but Sparano, for whatever reason, is poor coming out of Holiday Breaks, Cowpokes 24-Dolphins 14
    Wk #13 West Coast team comes east, late in the yr? Dolphins 20 Raiders 7
    Wk #14 Philly..if Vick still cannot read a blitz, we can win it, but we probably won't Philly 21-Dolphins 10
    Wk #15..Beefallo is served at the tailgate, without Crowder to torch, the Bills are in trouble, Miami 17 Bills 7
    Wk #16 2nd pats game, in Foxboro, AFCE on the line...we choke Pats 28 Dolphins 20
    Wk #17 2nd Jest game, in Giants Stadium, for a WC, Sparano reprises 08..Dolphins 24-Jets 20

I think we would finish what...10-6, 11-5?

Just from glancing at that, it seems to me, once again, the key to our season will be beating the Bills at home, late in the yr.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

I think 9-7 is very realistic. But if we beat the pats week 1 and beat the chargers. I think we will have a better change of going 11-5 then 9-7 honestly...

4. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Well here's where I am going to give this FO and coaching staff credit. They have built a very physical team and since they have taken over, we GENERALLY beat the teams we are suppose to beat. Not like years past. Our physical play allows us to bully these lesser teams around and keep up with the better more physical teams like Pit.

Boik14 likes this.
  5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Well we all remember the bad losses at the end of last year to the Lions, Bills and Browns so Im not sure I agree that we even generally beat the teams were supposed to.

I really think Henne's improvement could get us to what you said 11-5, I set no agenda when "guessing" on these games, infact I didnt evn add up wins or losses until the last week and that was to see if we would be playing for a playoff spot.

6. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

There are way too many variables to predict a full season. If our O-line miraculously gels, and we can actually get a running game going 11 to 12 wins are seriously not out of the question. Hell, we were what? 6-2 on the road last season? If we can duplicated THAT at home and win 4-5 games on the road, we're `0-6. It's not out of the realm of possibility. If we can improve on creating turnovers (and the only way to go is up compared to last season), our O-line plays at least OKAY, Henne continues to improve, our defense plays at least as well as last year, and our running game is at least serviceable, we will be in the playoff race. Sounds like a lot of IFs. Thing is, a lot of teams have those same IFs.

7. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

To be fair , those are HUGE ifs though , if we sweep at home and play 500 on the road we win what 12 games?

8. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Yes, yes you did have a front row seat ;) you also go to meet a whole lotta dolfans. Not to mention that you got to eat my half cooked hot dogs lol.

9. PHINZ4LIFE

PHINZ4LIFE New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    La Marque Tx
    Just please do the Texas two step and beat both Texas teams!

10. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    12 and 4... remember where you heard it first.

11. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Whoa! Paul? If we have the pleasure to see that...........id.........be so ...............happy? Id be speechless.

Not. (Speechless)

12. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Are you kidding me? How can you state that the Dolphins beat the teams they are suppose to beat. Perhaps you missed last season, when they went 1-7 at HOME. I see the Dolphins winning no more than 4 or 5 games this coming season and I see Sparano, Ireland, and Henne all looking for new places to work next season.

13. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    absolutely nuts to think that we only win 4 games. at least be realistic with 7-8 wins. I believe we play better than last year and finish 9-7.

14. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Denver
    Seattle
    Oakland
    St. Louis
    49ers
    Chiefs

All games we should of won. And did. And in reality beat Buffalo twice which is tough to do.

Panthers
    Bucs
    Jags
    Titans

All teams on schedule we should of beaten. Only lost one to Buffalo. Division rival. So you can't really count that game.

Vikings
    Bengals
    Titans
    Oakland
    Browns
    Lions

We lost to the Browns and Lions. So we went 4-2 against teams we should beat. And let's not act like the Lions aren't a decent team here. We only won one more game then them last year and they didn't have their starting QB or RB most the season. They have a talented team.

So by my calculation we went 14-2 against teams we SHOULD of beaten since these guys take over. And if you do want to add buffalo we are 18-4. Still very good...anybody care to tell me how we don't beat teams we should again?

15. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Well I am basing this off FinOs prediction, not might. So they are ifs in that regard. I don't think we will win those 2 games.

16. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    If you break the season down into quarters, we go 3-1, 3-1, 4-0, and then 2-2 at the end. With losses @SD @ NYJ vs Phi and @ NE. That third quarter of the season is fairly easy on paper. Home games vs the Bills and Redskins, @ Dall and then home against Oak. Ordinarily one would think Dallas would be difficult, but it's Thanksgiving and I just think we can prepare better on a short week than most teams, one thing Sparano usually does well.

17. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yeah, like against the Bears last season? ;) To be fair, we were pretty beat up for that game I guess.

Paul 13 likes this.
  18. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    If I had to guess....

WEEK 1- N.E. LOSS
    WEEK 2- HOU WIN
    WEEK 3- @CLE WIN
    WEEK 4- @SD LOSS
    WEEK 6- @ JETS LOSS
    WEEK 7- DEN WIN
    WEEK 8- @NYG WIN