1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MLB Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Unlucky 13, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Congrats to our Red Sox fans on the World Series title. I know that we have a few of you around.

I figured with free agency starting tomorrow, this was a good time to start a new thread. Baseball moves really quickly from one season to the next.

Does anyone have any predictions of what will happen in free agency? Be it with your own club or otherwise? Anything you're on the lookout for?

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The Cubs picked up Cole Hamels 20m option for the 2019 season, along with Jose Quintana's 10m option. That gives them a very veteran, and heavily left handed starting rotation for next season. Its also one that is short term, and many of the parts won't be around much beyond 2019.

LHP John Lester
    RHP Kyle Hendricks
    LHP Jose Quintana
    LHP Cole Hamels
    RHP Yu Darvish

Now, if everyone is healthy, that's a ton of proven experience. But time will tell.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Super excited for the Rays next year and for the future. Lets go get a big bat this off season!

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Boik14

Boik14 Admin Staff Member Club Member Retired Administrator

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Interested to see what Brodie Van Wagenen brings to the Mets. The good news is he’s been te only one to get the Coupons (err I mean Wilpons) to spend money for his guys like Cespedes, Frazier, Bruce, etc. The other good news is Omar Minaya is staying on as a personnel man which has always been his strength. The bad news is these moves haven’t exactly worked out and the Coupons still run the team.

Unlucky 13 likes this.