1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MLB Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Unlucky 13, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Admin Club Member Retired Administrator

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Hechevarria is a streaky player. Had a great start to the year and has been awful since.

Another big week...3 vs Cleveland and 3 vs ATL. Been a good home team all year but Mickey and the pen always worry me. Bovada odds are down to +2000 from +2800 a couple of weeks ago. May have to consider it...

muscle979 likes this.
  2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Yeah I'm hoping we don't need him in the lineup for longer than another week or two. Dansby's heel injury has been one of those weird lingering situations. Cleveland's been pretty hot lately, but I don't personally think those AL Central teams are as good as they get credit for being. Powerful lineups, sure, but overall I'm not sold.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    This may be the first time I've been rooting for the Mets. Please sweep the Nationals... LOL.

4. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    We need it. After that streak of crappy baseball vs the cubs and braves we hurt our chances big time.

5. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity

[​IMG]

Boik14 and Unlucky 13 like this.
  6. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Lmfaoooooo

Any chance you parlayed a bet between the MLB club blowing that 9th inning 6 run lead vs the nats and an 8 run 9th in lead in AAA vs the Yanks farm club in the same night? If you did, you likely became a millionaire.

FFS, there is something seriously wrong with the way the entire mets organization uses their bullpen or trains their bullpen. Your big league club has blown 30 + games in the 7th or later. You should be in contention for the best record in the NL instead of fighting for a MF'N wildcard that you likely will not get.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Rosen Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The Mets certainly have their issues, but they put up a graphic during a Cubs game last week that the NL's overall bullpen ERA this year is as bad as it's been in a long, long time. I think that the issue boils down to the fact that many relievers are power pitchers, and the juiced ball this season is wrecking total havok. It was noted earlier this week that AAA home runs are up 60% this season after they started using the MLB ball, whereas homers at all other levels of the minors are flat. The ball is messing up baseball, pure and simple.

Boik14 likes this.
  8. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't have a big issue with the balls, to be honest. It's not like anybody's out there hitting 80 or 90 home runs. Power pitchers are supposed to miss bats, so I don't think the ball hurts them as much. If anything, it should hurt pitchers that pitch to contact. I think bullpens are bad because teams are carrying too many pitchers. There isn't an endless supply of pitchers who are good at the MLB level. It's a small number, and I think there aren't enough to fill all the roster spots for 30 MLB teams. That's why you see so many teams struggling with bad bullpen pitchers. More teams are using more pitchers. It was highly probable that would cause a decline in performance.

9. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Rosen Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The Cubs offense has exploded this weekend against the Pirates, and they are still in the hunt for the playoffs. But they've already effectively lost Javy Baez for the season with a broken thumb, and Anthony Rizzo had to be helped off the field with an injured ankle today. I'm pretty much throwing in the towel on 2019 at this point, and taking good feelings from how well so many of the guys are playing, hoping it translates into next year.

And if Theo doesn't resign Castellanos, he's screwing up big time. Cubs fans will revolt.