1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 New Dolphins Training Facility

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Lots of Tweets right now following ground-breaking for the Dolphins new training facility in Miami:

And this quote:

A poetic reality.... the new training facility opens right at the same time the Dolphins next true franchise QB arrives - Spring/Summer 2021.

Yeah I said it...bold prediction, the Dolphins will not draft a QB high in 2020 but rather in 2021 if/when Rosen doesn't prove himself the man (also allowing the Dolphins to spend one or two high picks improving other areas while still trading/acquiring other picks for even more ammo in 2021).

2021 will feel like the true beginning of the new era.

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Wow! That facility looks awesome. Knowing Ross, it's going to be state of the art. Not saying he is perfect -none of us are-, but Ross does try to do things right. He probably doesn't have much time left in his life, so he is finishing strong in business, with the Dolphins, and socially. He's a good owner and puts his money where his mouth is.

3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    It looks really awesome. I wonder if this will make it easier for fans to attend training camp and see practice. Obviously, parking should be better.

4. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

KeyFin likes this.
  5. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Why do they have an indoor slide?

6. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

KeyFin likes this.
  7. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

Ross:

""I know when I bought the football team, one of the things I said was, 'We want to do as much for the community as we possibly can, we want to be the best in class in the NFL and we want to win the Super Bowl,'" Ross said.

"Well, we're two-thirds of the way there, and I hope to be here when we're hoisting the Super Bowl on a very short period of time, with an emphasis on short."

"If you can't win with a facility like this, you're never going to win," Ross said. "We're starting something really big.""

upload_2021-7-22_15-27-19.png

"The new facility has an awesome view with Hard Rock Stadium in the backdrop, and the outdoor fields seat up to 2,200 spectators in the shade. That will be come in handy for late July and August training camp practices in the Miami heat. Another 800 fans can fit on the berm at the far end zone. There are 13 training camp practices slated to open to the public with the first being July 31 -- all start at 10:10 a.m. ET -- and the Aug. 18-19 joint practices with the Atlanta Falcons are included."

upload_2021-7-22_15-27-27.png

"The players' lounge is another sleek addition inside the practice facility. It features plush couches, TVs, darts and a separate barbershop area where players can get their fades every Friday before game day. Dolphins legends Dick Anderson and Nat Moore toured the facility Tuesday, and jokingly (or, were they serious?) asked if former players can slide in to use some of these perks. This Dolphins' facility is quite different than what Anderson and Moore experienced in the 1960s and 1980s when they played, respectively."

upload_2021-7-22_15-27-52.png

"Garfinkel, Ross and others in the business department toured facilities across America some years back to get ideas to fulfill the goal of building the "best facility in the NFL." Ross fell in love with a custom-built slide inside the Clemson Tigers' facility. So, what the owner wants, he gets. The Dolphins' slide adds a fun outlet to what can be a tense environment. Ross has slid down it and a handful of players have as well. "Hopefully the players will be inspired to win," Ross said. "It takes all these small details to put together a great organization that would be used to winning and winning often." And here's a pro tip for the slide: Don't wear jeans for maximum speed."

KeyFin likes this.
  8. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Sounds like Ross wants to do whatever he can to contribute to the team winning... but it does give the impression he isn't a football guy and doesn't understand what it takes. Maybe that's too strong a statement based on just a few quotes.

It's great we have an owner who will invest.

Let's hope we've got the coaches, GM, scouts, trainers etc. to build the most important part - a winning team!

9. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I thought that too- a great slide doesn't give the opportunity to win. But if he thinks it adds to the culture of players coming together, then I don't see what harm it can cause. While I've never liked Ross, I do think he has good intentions for the players and fans. I just wish he understood football a little more and was more of a hands-on owner.

10. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    Have they deflated the Saban practice bubble in Davie?

11. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

KeyFin likes this.