1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 reasons the Dolphins should scare Patriots fans

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Itsdahumidity, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    This is our year. The Patriots aren't without problems. Their WR core is still bad, Brady is still getting older and from the looks of it we can at least protect Tannehill.

I'm not guaranteeing we win the division or something but I can see a scenario where it happens if losing Pouncey and Jones doesn't hurt us bad early on.

FWIW I love having the Patriots week one. Hopefully we bust out our new offensive scheme with sone nice wrinkles to jump on them early.

3. jcliving

jcliving Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    I am not sure this is our year, but I am confident the offense will score more points. We have better depth and a better overall team. I am optimistic, but taking the division seems a stretch.

Bpk and The Rev like this.
  4. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    The heat really isn't in our favor like it was during the Shula days, and I think it has to do with the air conditioned bubble as opposed to having ALL practices outside in the heat.

Also in 2011 we opened up at home against the Pats, while it was a night game the humidity was over 70% and the Pats had their absolute way with us in the 2nd half, it was in fact embarrassing how out of gas we were.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201109120mia.htm

77FinFan and djphinfan like this.
  5. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012

Otherwise known as the "Karlos Dansby is a big fat slob" game.

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i think there was only one practice in the bubble this year, if at all, i´m not sure right now

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  7. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    We have a great shot week 1 especially if Gronk doesn't play.

In the end I think the Pats win the division because this year's NE team is much much better than last year's AFC Champ squad. I also don't think Philbin or Tannehill are at the point of putting together consistently strong performances over the course of a season. But one time right out of the gates with a new-look offense on our home field I think we take this one from em.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    This game can easily turn into a shoot out. We have a better pass rush, but Brady, older or not, is still Brady. He gets the ball out so quick that it can negate our pass rush. He's going to throw a ton of passes into those short zones. Even w/o Gronk, who's looking less likely for game 1, he's got a couple of small guys that are hard to cover on those quick passes. Tannehill has looked good this preseason and looks capable of matching NE's output. If both teams play to their abilities this game will probably come down to who makes the mistake.

9. aboome

aboome Resident Madden God Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Boston
    Well our defense better be ready to stop the run. The pats will be using all their multiple tight end sets and lafel is one of the best blocking wide receivers in the league. If we are not able to slow down the run it will get ugly vs the pats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bpk likes this.
  10. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    I don't think this Pats defense is going to be in many shootouts. That unit is going to be waaay better than the second stringers we beat at the end of last season. I'm guessing it'll be the best defense they've had in a decade.

On the other side I think they're going to run it down our throats where we're soft. I'm guessing it'll be more of a low-scoring battle for possession...and Tannehill has been really sharp in the quick passing game, maybe get em on a few zone-reads too.

Bpk likes this.
  11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I still have a bad taste in my mouth over the end of the Patriots vs Browns game last year, and that is why the Patriots scare me, because the referees are quick to throw bull**** penalties to help them out. They don't need help, they have a Top 3 quarterback in the game (however you place Manning/Brady/Rodgers doesn't matter).

I still remember the sequence about 40 seconds left on the clock and the Browns are up, the Patriots just scored and for some odd reason they're awarded with a 10 yard penalty at kickoff, they of course recover the onside kick and are already in Brown's territory then Brady's first play was a throw to the end zone and a bull**** PI call is called at the end zone that sets them up at the 1 yard line and then they score on the next play to win..

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  12. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Brady's signature play is pass interference at the endzone with seconds left. Flag happy refs there to save the day for Mr. Tom.

Itsdahumidity likes this.
  13. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I personally believe Miami has a decent chance of winning that Week 1 game.

Week 1 is when a lot of whacky things happen that might not happen in Week 10. I don't think the Dolphins are better than the Patriots by any means, but they'll be at home in the heat and the Patriots generally seem to be a team that starts out slower then get better as the season goes on. They're usually working through some kind of big change at the beginning of the season compared with the season prior, and they don't seem to hit their stride with the new change until the second half of the season.

Pandarilla likes this.
  14. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    I really wish we had signed Bernard Pollard when we had the chance.

15. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

I disagree about their receivers, they're good. Not Randy Moss good, but good enough.

Agree with the rest though.

16. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    If Gronk is playing, I think we lose. Between our new safety combo (w/o Jones) and poor play at LB, I see us losing to them in a close game because of a ton of passes to Gronk and Vareen. If Gronk is out and we only have to deal with Vareen and WRs, I think we win a close game.

17. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Last time the Pats lost the season opener was when they got flipped by Buffalo 31-0. That was way back in 2003. They are just too prepared to lose the first game of the year.

18. roy_miami

roy_miami Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    1. The humidity is generally less of a factor in September than in November, though that might change a bit this year as its been cold and rainy most of August so far here on the East Coast. The thing about the heat and humidity is the bigger the change from one region to another the more it affects your body. Plus stepping off the plane in December must feel like they're on vacation, so its a distraction. So normally not a big advantage is September but if the weather stays as it is it might be a slight advantage this year. Especially if we unleash a Chip Kelly style uptempo offense.

2. I believe Brady's Achilles heal is dominant defenses, especially ones with a reputation, and especially a reputation for hitting the QB. Think about the teams he has trouble with: the Jets, the Ravens, 49ers and Seahawks are some of the only teams to win in Foxborough recently. I believe our defense is one of the defenses in his head. Its really too bad Jordan is on suspension and not dominating because the thought of Wake and Jordan coming off the ends would have kept Brady up at night. But still, Brady's fear of our defense, whether warranted or not, is the biggest reason I think we've got a decent shot to win week one.

3. Tannehill just needs to be efficient. Play to a 90+ rating and we'll probably win the game. Lazor and the uptempo offense should worry Patriot fans more than Tannehill.

19. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    We beat them last year with most of our secondary missing. We almost beat them twice. We're division rivals. I think they need to fear dropping 1 of 2 games to us. They don't need to fear us winning the division. The Pats handle their business and show up most weeks. We haven't proved capable of that yet.

Pandarilla likes this.
  20. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    The humidity is generally less of a factor in September than in November.........................Not at my house.

GMJohnson likes this.
  21. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    For me its as much not believing in NE as believing in our own team. I'd like us to start the season right with a big division win. Would go a long way for us.

finwin and Pandarilla like this.
  22. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Because they are a division rival, the Dolphins usually play fairly well against the Patriots. I don't see the Dolphins beating the Patriots in New England, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins beat the patriots when they come to Miami later in the season.

I just don't think that the Patriots are that concerned with the Dolphins over the course of an entire season. While the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills continue to compete for 2nd place in the AFC East, the Patriots are more concerned with how they are going to be able to beat the Broncos once the playoffs start.

As long as the Patriots have Brady and Belichick, the rest of the teams in the AFC just aren't ready to win the AFC title at this time.

23. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    The Pats have won 10 straight season openers. They are DUE for a loss.

I'll happily oblige.

Clark Kent, Unlucky 13 and DPlus47 like this.
  24. Phinsball24

Phinsball24 New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Port Orange,Florida
    The Pats must go Down......Hard.:hammer:

GMJohnson likes this.
  25. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well let's hope this opener isn't like the last opener we had against the Patriots, didn't Brady throw for 500+ yards? Goodness, that was painful. Though all our corners in our roster are better than Benny Sapp..

26. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The theory of due losses doesn't cross over between seasons, IMO.

27. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I think it could come down to which team can maintain balance offensively. We ran the ball well on them in Foxboro for a half and completely dominated while they couldn't cross mid field w/o a BS PI on Wilson and a sack strip at our ten yard line in the 3rd. After that we couldn't run at all and Blount went crazy on us. Ball game.

28. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I really hate that type of article because it doesn't say anything that everyone already knew. It's called a fluff piece for a reason, and everyone in Boston knows that it's hot in Miami. The few stat lines from last season doesn't prove anything either; it's just a way to fill a page.

Then again, I expect Miami to win in week one and shock a whole lot of people. We haven't seen anything in the run packages to suggest that we are giving a true look to our offense, and I am absolutely amazed how little we've tried to bounce Miller to the outside where his speed really matters. Lazor is too smart for that and we're going to see a lot of new concepts in week 1.

Pandarilla likes this.
  29. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007

30. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

31. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    1st two games can always prove to be anomalies. That said...

[​IMG]

It could happen!

(Prove your age by guessing the above pic)

32. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Three reasons, you say?

Reason 1: Cam Wake's left leg, for the ultra-fast first step.
    Reason 2: Cam Wake's right leg, for the explosive second step, leaving Tackle Whatshisnamedoesntmatter sucking his thumb in the fetal position.
    Reason 3: Cam Wake's dong, when it makes contact with Brady's forehead during sack/strip fumbles.

Clark Kent and 77FinFan like this.
  33. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    1PM ....Home early Sept. Vs. New England.... (Ya baby!)

Miami 45 New England 21 (Huge First Week for the Offense and a pick 6 !)

34. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007

35. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    We have to defend our turf. I believe in our D and I don't think NE is strong enough to rip our D and trade punches if we get a few scores on the board early. We need an early lead and unbiased refs.