1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4-0 with him, 0-3 without.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MrPhinn, Oct 24, 2022.

1. MrPhinn

MrPhinn Active Member

Nov 28, 2016
    I'm "sorta" on the Tua Team. Still not sure. He's extremely accurate, but I wonder if he's made out of tissue paper. I wonder if he'll last the season. He did show some toughness in the Steelers game, but his accuracy was off....by a lot. 3 weeks off and 2 possible concussions will probably do that on this level.

I still think he's not on the same page as Hill. I've complained about it before, but Hill still has to reach back for his passes. Does Tua not have a handle on this dude's speed yet? For f**k's sake he needs to get that ball out there.

IMO, I consider these next 4 games must-wins. No one will take us as serious contenders if we lose to any of them. (That's assuming we are contenders. Are we?)

vmarcilfan75, resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  2. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    He just doesn't have the arm to get the ball out in front of Hill and hit him in stride on the deeper throws. He seems to hit him fine on underneath throws and throws over the middle, but if he has to throw it to him deep or on the outside he throws up slow floaters.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    We'd be 6-1 at minimum had Tua not been hurt. He's definitely a better QB than he was the last 2 years. It shows on the field and in his stats. Durability and consistency are the main issues with Tua right now.

As far as his accuracy being off yesterday, I think that was because he was told to make decisions quicker than usual to reduce the chance of a sack. He's just not totally used to that yet. He'll get there though.

And yeah the next 4 are must-wins. For once we have the advantage of playing a good number of truly weak teams. Can't afford to miss this opportunity to get into the playoffs.

As far as whether we're a contender, yes for a playoff spot but no for the SB. We are currently ranked 19th in points scored and 23rd in points allowed. A typical SB team is closer to 6th on each measure, though there's lots of variation. So McDaniel also has a ways to go to prove himself. Maybe a new DC is warranted after this season.

mooseguts, resnor, Rick 1966 and 2 others like this.
  4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    He looked a little rusty yesterday but the first 3 games showed he can make plays and help this team win games. I still don’t trust him to ever play a full season and I don’t think he’s ever going to be an elite QB.

But I think with the right team around him, I think we are a playoff caliber team. If we can find some upgrades at RT and LG plus find a pass rusher and CB, I think we could make some noise in the playoffs(assuming Tua and Armstead can actually stay healthy).

resnor likes this.
  5. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Actually, we're 4-1 with him. I'm down with Tua, but he gets credit for the Bengals game as the starter. But the point stands.

resnor and Silverphin like this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    No one has a handle on Tyreek's speed.

Silverphin likes this.