1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

49ers find motivation in their spoiler role

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    49ers find motivation in their spoiler role

"We want to finish what we started -- that's what Coach Singletary always talks to us about," 49ers linebacker Takeo Spikes said. "And with that comes spoiling a lot of teams' chances of getting into the playoffs. If they're in the way, we welcome that with open arms."
    Added 49ers center Eric Heitmann: "I don't have any problem playing the spoiler role. It can be gratifying."

fins4o8, HULKFish and Ophinerated like this.
  2. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I sure hope they don't mind if we spoil their spoiliage. This is the game that worries me the most of our remaining schedule. The Yets/Jests we know and know well. The Niners scare me and bring back many memories of disappointment when facing them. They ARE playing like a spoiler right now and are playing hungry with that motivation. If there is any so called "trap" game for us now, this would be the game.

SF can NOT be taken lightly. I know this was a game a couple weeks ago that we could just write off as a win, but there is NO way we can do that now.

They are motivated and hungry to exit the year on a positive note for heading into next year.

HULKFish, Bpk and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  3. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I watched the jets game and it seems the new coach is doing a pretty good job making them feel like they need to play hard and it showed too.tuff game is coming.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    the niners can try. but we aren't overlooking them. and this isnt in their home. they are coming into our place and trying to knock us off. i dont think our fans are gonna let that happen. I hope the crowd is loud and proud on Sunday, and let the Dolphins know we got their backs. Hopefully this isnt our last home game of the year. wOOt!!! Go Dolphins!!!

djphinfan, anlgp, SICK and 2 others like this.
  5. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Sounds like Gore will be iffy and that is a big difference in there offense... They're giving the Dolphins plenty of bulletin board material with these statements though so I hope they keep it up! Fueling the fire! I'm definitely glad the game is in Miami!

gunn34 likes this.
  6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've hated the 49ers ever since Roger Craig high-stepped it across the goal line in Danny's only SB appearance. Although that game means nothing to the current players on either team.

I think this game is the easiest of the three, just cause it is our last home game. Its never easy to win in KC and the jets have beaten us, what, 8 of the last 10 games?

gunn34, padre31 and fins4o8 like this.
  7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    If we cannot beat the Niners and their no-name QB in Miami, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs....it's that simple.

djphinfan likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i just hope we arent set up for another snoozer.....we need touchdowns from our offense....not fieldgoals...our defense can only do so much.....i want touchdowns when we are 1st down from the 15.....not FG's....we wont do well the last 3 weeks or in the playoffs putting up 16 points.....it aint gunna happen.....offense needs to pump it up and beat the crap outta the 9ers.......not a win....i want a drubbing....i want to tie the 49ers to our bumper and go on a long road trip (lampoon vacation style) this is where we show our true identity......we gotta chance....to be somebody.....we gotta chance to be winners.....and open eyes....and make a remarkable comeback from last season....this is our chance....3 games.....win 3 games....and we are in baby!!!!

lets go dolphins!!!! LETS GO!!!!!

djphinfan likes this.
  9. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
  10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    ^^^The 49er fans are cocky. They may have won a couple games back to back but they are still a 5-8 team.

They think they can travel across the country for the 2nd time in two weeks and beat a good team handily with their best player a question mark for the game.

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well now, good to see that we are good enough for opposing teams fans to try and talk smack about us and our chances.

I'm thinking we will feature the Te's and Rb's out of the backfield in this game, it will be boring, but we can win using the middle of the field.

12. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I too was surprised to see the amount of over confidence the fans have going into this game.

I mean, go all the way rooting for your team but don't stick your neck out so far.

As it is this season I'm so pleasantly surprised I'm not going to go to another teams board and bash on them because I want to stay humble even when my team is on the upswing.

What blows me away is the guys they are listing as huge threats are statistically invisible this season.

13. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I have signed up at the 49ers board yesterday. I still haven't gotten authorized to post over there yet.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    oh yeah!!! I like this kinda party!!

SICK likes this.
  15. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    that's funny stuff right there.

16. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    49er Fan here.....

Everyone knows Singletary, but Shaun Hill (Our QB) is also one of the major reasons for our overall improvement. There is no doubt that he is unknown to a lot of people outside of SF, but he has played very well in his first 7 NFL starts (2 starts last year and 5 starts this year, and is 5-2).

We have won 3 of our last 4 games and we gave the Cardinals game away with seconds left on the clock. For what it is worth, Hill already has 11 TDs (10 passing TDs and 1 Rushing TD) on the year, with 1,352 passing yards to go with it and a QB Rating of 95.5... Thats not to bad for just 5 1/2 games in 2008.

Good luck this Sunday Lady's and Gentlemen....

Fin Fan In Cali and Phinperor like this.
  17. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    You too Bro, and welcome!:up:

PuppetMaster likes this.
  18. tahoeninerfan

tahoeninerfan New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Hopefully you'll get approved soon.. I am a moderator over there what user name did you use and I can check and see whats up...

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  19. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Same as here bro, Fin Fan In Cali. I appreciate you checking that for me.:up: Welcome, we are glad to have you here.

20. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Tahoe is a very good Moderator. :up:

21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome to the boards. Glad to have a classy fan here. I think very highly of Mike Singletary and I think he's the guy who could turn that organization around. He prepares his teams well as seen this season. Good luck to you as well.

PuppetMaster likes this.
  22. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I saw on your site talking about another Dolphins site. We welcome opposing fans here, and look forward to there perspective on the game. We treat our members here with respect, regardless of who they yell for on Sunday.:up:

23. tahoeninerfan

tahoeninerfan New Member

Dec 11, 2008

It shows waiting to send you an email confirmation.. Check your spam folder to make sure its not there.. If you haven't received it in 24 hours let me know..

Oh, I am a girl I'm Tahoegirl on the 49er MB. My user name is highlighted in red, so shoot me a PM over there and I'll see what I can do for ya..

24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome! Glad to have you here as well.

25. tahoeninerfan

tahoeninerfan New Member

Dec 11, 2008

We welcome opposing fans also. Just watch out for some of our local trolls.. Try not to take it to personal.. I respect all opposing fans on our board.. Best of luck on Sunday.. Here's to an injury free game and a very good game.. Though I have to root for my niners.. :knucks:

26. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks sister.:wink2: I will send you a pm. I never got a confirmation, and I have checked my spam folder.:yes:

27. tahoeninerfan

tahoeninerfan New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Kiss ***.. :tongue2::pointlol:

28. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Welcome 49er fan people - I'm glad the good ones showed up thought I did enjoy the misspelling of "NFL".

Plus it's always nice to have new female football fans aboard dilutes the sausage fest a little bit.

29. tahoeninerfan

tahoeninerfan New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Thank you for the welcome.. It's great being around a bunch of sausages.. :up:

30. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I just spent some time on this site called "49ers Web Zone"...

Talk about no respect for the Dolphins. If I had a nickel for every time they used the words "overrated" and "fish suck".. I'd have a **** ton of nickels...

One thing really upset me... One dude on there was saying how Pennington sucks because he only has 12 TDs so that means he isn't efficient in the red zone. But if he looked up the stats, he'd realize we're #6 in touchdown percentage in the red zone.

I know that most of their fans aren't bad or anything, but a couple of those fans there just ruined it for me...

31. tahoeninerfan

tahoeninerfan New Member

Dec 11, 2008

This is the official message board run by the 49ers

49ers Message Board Community - Powered by vBulletin

I think you'll like it more.. We do have some trolls, but most everyone ignores them..

32. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I personally think Pennington is a pretty good QB. I also do not think the Dolphins are overrated.

33. PuppetMaster

PuppetMaster New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    It never hurts to pucker up now and then, right? :lol:

34. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Thanks, sister. I'll check it out. :hi5: