1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

49ers Soft

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by UBMurda, Jun 9, 2015.

1. UBMurda

UBMurda New Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Whats the deal with all these niners retiring so young. I read now that Eric Ried the 49ers’ 23-year-old safety, told the San Francisco Chronicle that although he does plan to play this year, he has given thought to retiring because he has already suffered three concussions in his first two NFL seasons.

what a bunch of softies i once thought the niners had the toughest def but so far most of them are playing scared.

2. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I don't think it has anything to do with being soft. With all the studies coming out about the long term affects of concussions, I don't blame some of these guys. They have more than enough money already presumably then most of us will ever see in our lifetime. I commend them for doing the smart thing and thinking long term rather than be short sighted about their future.

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Uh, you do realize concussions is a serious injury, can cause all sorts of damage to your brain and could very well end up being dead? Look at what happened to Kosta Karageorge of Ohio State not too long ago, the guy went insane because of the head injuries and shot himself. He thought taking a bullet is less painful than dealing with concussions.

I don't blame any of them for retiring, there is more to life than just football. But Eric Reid has also acted irresponsibly, 3 concussions and has only missed one game in 2 seasons? He shares partial blame for ignoring his head injuries when he could have gotten some treatment for it.

4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Let's not try any of that new helmet technology though. These dudes are running around with bowling balls strapped around their heads.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    But why are the Niners the one team that has had so many players leaving and/retiring?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    A guy coming off a great rookie year leaves the game because of concussions and he left his mark and made his locker room think about the consequences. They saw a guy who had a promising career say he values his life more than money, he will be okay without football so long as he can think on his own.

7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Maybe true but you don't see a mass exodus of Steelers players retiring because of Jason Worlids..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

8. UBMurda

UBMurda New Member

Mar 7, 2015
    something fishy is goin on maybe they are all mad that jim harbaugh got fired and are trying to send a msg to the owner.

-Q: There’s been so much comment from Jed York that it was a mutual separation between you and the team, that you mutually agreed you wouldn’t be the coach. Is that true? Or were you told that you wouldn’t be the coach any more?
    -HARBAUGH: Yes, I was told I wouldn’t be the coach any more.
    And then… you can call it ‘mutual,’ I mean, I wasn’t going to put the 49ers in the position to have a coach that they didn’t want any more.
    But that’s the truth of it. I didn’t leave the 49ers. I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me.