1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th and 6 about 6 min. to go around midfield

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I mean, I know the fix was in but now it's mock draft time...FML

keypusher likes this.
  2. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    The fix?

If you mean the refs screwing us all game I agree they did. That's not the reason we're a POS football team though.

We just found out Campbell has some Coach Queasy in him on that 4th and 6... and we need to clean house with this coaching staff.

We may as well have forfeited. That's legal in the NFL right? Pansy football man...

3. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Season on the line, you go for it.

keypusher, PhinFan1968, SuhMe and 5 others like this.
  4. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yup, the entire staff signed their pink slips with that pos call...I'd call it gutless, but it was just logical at that point to go for it.

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    It's been pretty obvious this coaching staff isn't staying. Jesus Rizzo, wtf happened to your ****ing unit. I feel like our avg starting drive is the 10 yd line.

ripper1961 and number21 like this.
  6. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Tough guy Cambell totall wussed out there.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  7. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Dolphins football: More exciting in the offseason.

8. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    that's because the last 2 or 3 offseasons we won the offseason... shows how far that has gotten us.

9. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    I really didn't understand that either. If we were down one score then ok but really all Dallas had to do was get a couple of first downs to effectively end the game.

PhinFan1968 and dolphin25 like this.
  10. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    With a decent GM we could actually win in FA without spending a lot of money and land good draft picks.

Myself... I have no faith in Tannebaum. He did ruin the Jets didn't he?

We're up **** creek without a paddle my friend.

Agua likes this.
  11. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    ​queesy

12. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    lol, if people think that's the play that bothers people the most, then I must be watching a completely different broadcast.................

Puka-head likes this.
  13. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    i'm not a fan of tannbomb either. if he can sign hue jackson i might warm up to him though, might.

14. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    Fins only manage 9 1st downs against a 2 win team, at home, pathetic...

Dorfdad and dolphin25 like this.
  15. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I have to agree regarding Tannebaum. We went into last off season with big needs at LB, CB, OL, and safety.
    Instead of upgrading these positions in the draft or in free agency, Tannebaum decided to spend the majority of the free agent money on Suh.

Suh is a dynamite player, but he isn't good enough to make up for all the other deficiencies which this defense has.

In the draft, they take a WR which has had zero impact this year. In the second round they drafted another DT who might turn out to be a decent player down the line, but DT was not a big need after the signing of Suh.

The LB position, which might be the weakest unit on the entire team was completely ignored in the draft and the only LB's added to the roster were 2nd tier NFL free agents and non drafted college free agents. Based on the play of the LB position this year, there were no upgrades added to the roster from this group.

The OL continues to be an issue and this is another area which was basically ignored after last season. Douglas is the only player bought in who might eventually be able to work into the rotation, but only time will tell.

Other than Jones, there doesn't seem to be another player in the secondary that this team can build around over the next few years. Grimes is showing his age and he is just too expensive to keep on what will basically be a rebuilding team the next few year. Therefore every other position besides Jones will be looking to be upgraded over the next couple of years.

I just don't have any confidence that Tannebaum can do what is necessary to turn this team around. Because it is up to him to hire a solid GM and a talented head coach and then let these individuals do what is necessary to turn this team into a winner.

All I have seen from Tannebaum so far is that he came into a situation where the team had gone 8-8 for two consecutive years and it appears this year they will be lucky to finish 6-10.

I would rather see Ross just blow the whole thing up and go out and hire the best football man available to come in and run the football side of the operation. This Football Czar should be allowed to hire the next GM and head coach and the three of them will then have the responsibility to do what is necessary to put a winner on the field ASAP.

Kud_II and Pandarilla like this.
  16. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I like Hickey a lot. Bobby McCain is a mighty mouse. Ajayi was straight up thievery. I'm with you though, clean house.

17. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    McCain might prove to be a good addition and he certainly appears to be better than any other CB on the roster except for Grimes right now. Of course the rest of the CB's on the roster are barely NFL quality at this time.

I thought Ajayi was a great pick, but I just thought they did a terrible job filling the teams major needs early in the draft. I am so-so on Hickey. I just hope they don't make the next HC keep Hickey as part of him taking the job.

If the next head coach wants Hickey to stay, I can live with that. I would prefer a clean sweep of the front office, but since I don't have a billion plus dollars to buy the team from Ross. Like every other Dolphin fan, I have to live with whatever Ross decision are once the season ends.

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    The decision to punt was a freaking abomination. I was so embarrassed.

Kud_II likes this.
  19. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I have never been more embarrased to be a Miami Dolphins fan than when Campbell decided to punt with 6 minutes left in the game, down 10, with 2 timeouts, at nearly midfield and a 4th and 6. Completely embarrassing.

Kud_II and SuhMe like this.
  20. Zach13

Zach13 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Miami
    I've been a season ticket holder since the Orange Bowl.

When they got into punt formation, I got up and left and didn't look back.

If the coaches are going to quit then what is the point of me hanging around?

Kud_II, keypusher, Pandarilla and 2 others like this.
  21. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Returns were mostly good, the boneheaded stuff, Landry letting the ball bounce out of the EZ, Darr getting a personal foul, that stuff was inexcusable and really hurt us.

Why we did not go for it is beyond me, I turned the game off at that moment.

dolphin25 likes this.
  22. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    Really??? I can think of dozens more.

Piston Honda likes this.
  23. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center

Yeah...After travelling from Seattle to Miami for the last game of the season last yr and watching that stinkfest I turned to the fans I had enjoyed the day with and said...every pick needs to be a LB or OL..and then none of them were. :(

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  24. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I actually enjoyed the Darr foul. I like me a kicker with some attitude.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  25. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I think the Darr penalty was just unfortunate from the sense he wasn't trying to tackle him out of bounds. He just isn't big enough to handle the impact from the returner running into him, so he just grabbed him and they kind of fell to the ground together. One of those things that looked a lot worse than it was.

26. Puka-head

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    That's one way to look at it. :no:

I prefer the perspective of the angry kicker, raging at the returner for daring to reach his level of the defense and making a Mel Blount like statement that if you dare, you will not be spared the consequence of your folly. :hi5:

resnor, dolphin25 and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  27. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    lol, hey don't get me wrong, I would love a gritty, hard-nosed team, including the punter. I'm just calling it like I saw it.

Puka-head likes this.
  28. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

It was pathetic...but 2 win team? Come on man...totally different team with Romo...undefeated actually.

29. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Did you turn the game off at that point? Because the D allowed a 15 yard run on 3rd and 14 on the very next series. Which is much more embarassing, IMO.

Puka-head and resnor like this.
  30. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I would rather a team be 3rd and 4 against us then 3rd and 15, we seem to always give that up.

31. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    Which just goes to show what a good QB can do for a team, obviously they aren't a good team, they lost 7 in a row, but put a good QB in there and when they need a drive to win the game, he delivers.

Still waiting for Tanne to do that.

dolphin25 likes this.
  32. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010

It was a bonehead play by Landry but when he did field the ball his foot is out of bounce. It should have been placed at the 40 yard.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/11...s-kickoff-out-of-bounds-call-for-the-dolphins

dolphin25 likes this.
  33. SuhMe

SuhMe Banned

Mar 13, 2015
    And I'm still waiting for Romo to play in his first NFC Championship game. He's only gonna turn 36 in April, lots of time left for that! I fell much like Matt Ryan, Romo is never going to win s***, tick tock. Not a very fair comparison, it's the same reason Hasselbeck>Luck this season, experience is gold in this league at that position.

34. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    You'll be waiting awhile, he's had 4 years to prove himself. He almost always crumbles in the face of adversity. He's good when things go well for him and our simple westcoast style playbook works, if it doesnt... he folds. I think it's about time we consider looking for another prospect.

Finster likes this.
  35. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    At least Romo can do it in the regular season though, Tanne can't even do it there, so what could possibly be the hopes of Tanne excelling in the playoffs?

Slim and none, and slim just left town.

Your waiting for Romo to play in a championship game, how about Tanne playing in the playoffs? or better yet, just having a winning record.

To be clear, I'm not even saying your wrong about Romo, just saying what does that say about Tanne.

36. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Hey, it may have happened, but a holding penalty interfered.

37. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    True, but he hasn't shown any propensity for doing it, which is my real concern, as I've said before, I'd take Tanne as is, IF he was a clutch player, or even if he played to his own standard, we would have tasted playoffs with him, and for the most part the fan base would be happy.

Imo your QB has to thrive in big moments or your just spinning your wheels.

Kud_II likes this.
  38. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm not denying that. Although, he has had some nice fourth quarter drives. Again, though, he's been let down time and time again by others on the team screwing up. That is not to say that he hasn't had his share of screw ups, he has. Not unexpected, though, for a young QB, at least in the first two seasons.

39. Finster

Jul 27, 2013
    I think his lack of clutch is the main impetus for him getting over scrutinized, because he is over scrutinized, he's improved quite a bit, that may be the most impressive thing about his career so far, the amount of improvement from year one, and yet we go over him with a fine toothed comb, because there is something missing, and it's clutch ability, which is tied to leadership, but if he performed well in the clutch, the team would follow him regardless.

To be blunt, you want your QB to want to cut the other guys throat and let him bleed out, and revel in it, that may be a ugly way to put it, but it captures the essence of it.