1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7 Players That Impressed in the Off-Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nice breakdowns here:

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2015/7-players-that-impressed-during-offseason-program?_ga=1.6057078.417776213.1432757506

Five other interesting discussions: Tony Lippett; Landry; RT; Jamar Taylor; Brett Grimes.

firedan, 77FinFan and Sceeto like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That was fun..

my favorite part was
    when Taylor was coming out and I was writing stuff on him predraft I constantly talked about his confidence on the field, he was the leader of that defense and I called him a bad *** mother grabber many times, if the kid has finally got his confidence and health, the kid can play ball with a cool *** swagger to, none of that bs swagger..you just have to see it to know what I'm talking about..

xphinfanx and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  3. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Lamichael James, meh. If we're keeping a Thigpen this year, I wanna see that undrafted dude that everyone is saying is Devin Hester-like.

Lippet is must watch preseason...

4. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Every year there are 2 or 3 guys that make a splash in camp. My opinion is that you keep your eyes on the young players who may have a knack for making plays and you dismiss the veterans and hope they surprise you.

I remember more than a few of those veterans being fools gold (Legadu Naanee, Chad Johnson, etc.). Every year the veterans look good in camp going at half speed, beating up on the inexperienced. Once the regular season comes and the game goes back to full-speed and the talent on the other side gets better, the veterans mostly go back to being average and the fans complain that the team should've done more to upgrade--same story every year. Greg Jennings has an elite attitude but he averaged about 3.5 catches and 45 yards per game last year on a team with fewer receiving options than Miami. Is Tannehill better than Bridgewater? Yeah, but the competition at WR will probably cancel that out.

Jarvis Landry is a great example of what the younger guys who flash in camp might do for you. Jarvis Landry blew everyone away last year by catching everything in camp and people knew he was special. The fact he actually caught 85 balls was way beyond anyone's expectation so that was great.

But that said, it might be interesting to see if Lippett can do anything in the preseason and earn a spot deep in the CB rotation. We wound up with Lowell Rose on the field late in the season last year so it's not inconceivable that Lippett could wind up with a chance to impact a Miami game or two in 2015 although I hope the team isn't reliant on him for long periods.

For the other CBs like Jamar Taylor, it's just about staying healthy. He has every right to that starting CB2 spot if he's healthy and doesn't screw up badly between now and week 1.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Not surprised about Greg Jennings having early success. From the moment we signed him, I knew he was our best WR. He may not be a long-term option for the team, but he's going to make an impact during the time he's here. Should of signed him back in 2013...

77FinFan and djphinfan like this.