1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'72 Dolphins find much to like about this year's team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Dec 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    '72 Dolphins find much to like about this year's team
    Commentary: '72 Dolphins find much to like about this year's team

SICK likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    In 1970 we had Csonk, Griese, Kiick, Warfield, Buninconti, and Langer all in place when Shula took over, so on a player by player basis..we aren't even close to the 1970 team.

But where we are closer to a Shula team, and the fmr players pointed it out is, Accountability and Discipline, there no sacred cows, if player messes up, Sparano and Tuna are not afraid to cut him ASAP.

And mistake free football, old Shula teams were known for not turning the ball over, and not making boneheaded plays, guys like D Bess have caught on to that as he no longer allows the ball to hit the ground even if he calls for a Fair Catch, Bess no longer hands away yards on Punt returns.

SICK likes this.
  3. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Shula took over a bunch of rag tag players when he came in and turned them into a great team.
    There will never be another Shula, IMO. But Listening to Tony about discipline etc., sure gives me a lot of hope.
    I love my Dolphins...........:up: