1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92-year old woman carded and refused sale because she couldn't prove her age

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Miamian, Nov 2, 2011.

1. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    With these Zero tolerance policies there is no room for common sense. At Walgreens you are told when you are hired that the policy is to ID anyone who looks under 40 even if you are sure they are of age, and if not you can be fired. Now I personally don't ID every single person who looks under 40, but that is the risk I take.

2. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    And this yet one of many examples why this country is effed. Not trying to attack you fin, just a personal observation.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think its a crazy world. I also think its ridiculous to expect someone to risk their livelihood to save you all of a couple of seconds to show your ID.

MikeHoncho, dolfan32323 and Stitches like this.
  4. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    So do you ID for Powerball tickets then? It's illegal to sell them to minors, you can lose your ability to sell them and be fined. Can't say I have EVER been carded for that. If there is going to be a standard then enforce it equally.

5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
  6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Nabo is a chick?

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That makes no sense.

You want it to be enforced equally between lottery tickets and alcohol, but when its enforced equally by having you always show your ID every time you buy beer, you get butt hurt? There is just so many things wrong with your stance, I cannot list them all.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

[​IMG]

9. Laces Out

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    For starters, please work on reading whole posts before reacting. I never brought up alcohol ITT. I brought it up about being carded for a can of chew. I don't even drink so don't make assumptions of fact please.

Second, the parallel between alcohol, tobacco products and powerball tickets are legit due to the fact that they all have a minimum legal age of purchase and all carry legal trouble with underage sales. So I can walk in to any business, buy a powerball ticket with no ID, and the only question asked "is there anything else", but when it comes to a can of chew or a pack of smokes, my ID is looked at practically under a magnifying glass? Business have equal risk, sales staffs have equal risk, but one sale has more scrutiny than the other? What about that is wrong or confusing? Where would you like to start with that since the dots apparently needed further connection?

For the record, this has not been about being butt hurt, this has been about consistency and common sense. If you want to just attempt(poorly) to read between the lines, go ahead, but if you're serious about a better understanding of my position, feel free to PM me anytime.

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    For starters the thread is about buying alcohol, regardless of what you specifically meant.

Second, selling a lottery ticket or tobacco or alcohol to minors carry different penalties and are enforced with different levels of gusto. Basically asking for consistency in this is like asking every cop to pull over someone going 2 miles over the speed limit with the same regularity as pulling over DUIs.

You can pretend this is about consistency, but the simple fact of the matter is this is about you being inconvenienced. Nothing more, because there is absolutely no reason to be upset about it.

11. Noodle Arm

Noodle Arm and you are?

Mar 6, 2010
    Orlando,FL
    She should have just lifted up her skirt to show off her boobs.