1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple quick questions and observations

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex44, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    1) Why not challenge that one pass by Luck where he very obviously released the ball with a knee down?

2) I honestly believe plays like the SS24 dropped INT should be ruled fumbles. He very obviously caught the ball with possession and dropped it trying to get up.

3) We got screwed at the end on that special teams play. MM was certainly not holding but rather being held.

4) We need better ball skills in the secondary. So many plays left on the field.

5) Cameron Wake should sue the NFL. Seriously. He's getting abused on every other play. Today I saw him get dragged down by his facemask so many times.

6) I wouldn't have called the TO on 4th and 15. You have a better chance of getting the ball back with your defense at that point.

7) We were great at forcing third downs but awful at preventing conversions even on third and long.

8) I really hope we don't extend Jake Long. Even at prime form I don't believe a LT changes the game anymore to the point where such a high salary is warranted. Couple with the fact that he is very obviously NOT in prime form.

9) Luck has much better weapons than Tannehill. I'd love to see Ryan with guys that can create separation with their physical skill sets like that.

10) I think the future will hold many more Luck vs Tannehill matchups in the playoffs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I wouldn't say Luck has much better weapons. They cost him plays today.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    To each his own. I know I'd trade our entire receiving core for their entire receiving core (including TE's). Our offensive lines are very similar and our run game hasn't been all that great lately. Better than theirs but not enough to make up for the impact good receivers can have.

4. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    They still were in position to make those plays.

I'll also add: Our O-line is really sub-par. Today Jake stunk, but none of them really played well, and that is a recurring trend.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I agree that their core is better. Just not by far. I would take Hartline/Bess/Gaffney over any of their receivers other than Wayne.

6. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    His knee was not down on that pass. I looked it at three times.

rafael likes this.
  7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'll also add.

11) Lamar Miller gets a nice gain hitting the hole hard and is never seen again.

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It wasn't down as his arm moved forwards but it was before he released it IMO. I also looked at it....three times.

9. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    don't know what to tell you. My TV is a 240 Hz. The best resolution possible. AND I'm biased toward the Dolphins.

10. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I like that group. On the other hand, I can't remember the last time I saw a Dolphins receiver split a double team deep like Donnie Avery did today (okay, Ted Ginn). Or win a jump ball in double coverage like Hilton.

Obviously we haven't had a Reggie Wayne in two decades.

- sent from my Android device via Tapatalk -

jsizzle likes this.
  11. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

My 2 cents..

12) Clay catches a nice pass for a td and isn't seen from again.
    Unless I missed it?

12. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    My two cents :
    35 minutes TOP for Colts.
    2 missed FGs for Colts.
    One dropped TD for the Colts.

We got our asses handed to us. 3rd down D was Olivadoti like. No excuses. We lost and it was much worse than the scoreboard indicated.