1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple things i noticed

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by krypto, Sep 22, 2009.

1. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    1) is it me or is yeremiah bell just not the same? i mean last week and this week, the tight ends have had their way him with one-on-one coverage.

2)Why is Gibril Wilson ALWAYS tackling high instead of low? he misses a lot of tackles because of this.

3)Why did we all-out blitz a 'Peyton Manning' on 2nd down?

4)I checked my DVR and the 4th and 10 pass that Ginn caught, he got down at 17 seconds and the fins finally spiked it with 6 seconds left. (Manning managed to go almost 80 yards or whatever it was on 4 plays in about 30 seconds and we took 11 seconds to just spike the ball??

5)Why is Sean Smith playing corner? He doesnt have the body. I mean yea hes tall, but being tall prevents him from making the quick sharp cuts that the receivers will do to him and will blow by him.

6)We had about 240 yards rushing total, why didnt we utilize the playaction more?

7)Where was Ginn's awareness when he stepped out of bounds right before the 1st down marker?

RoninFin4 likes this.
  2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    1. Yes, Bell has been dissappointing.

2. I have no idea.

3. I liked it. Attack him. If you go into a prevent, he'll eat you up.

4. Yes, that was messed up.

5. Sean Smith will be fine. Patience, my friend.

6. EXCELLENT QUESTION. However, Ginn woulda just dropped the ball (again) anyway....

7. That's not the question I would pose to Ginn....

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I'd give Bell & Co a bit of a pass covering the TE because those TE's were Tony Gonzalez and Dallas Clark. One is among the absolute best of all time and the other is among the league's elite. Next week it's Antonio Gates so it'll probably look similar.

Still, the middle of the field seems to be a gaping hole for this defense. We're repeatedly victimized there.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    this team needs Eric Berry. We need him like an addicts next fix.

5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    1. Not really sure. He's always been a run-defender primarily and we stuffed Atlanta and the Colts didn't really run the ball a lot. He has missed two tackles that have been costly though.

2. Gibril Wilson...still waiting for him to show up.

3. This was the worst defensive call I've seen in a long, long time. I also hate the fact that Miami's blitzes, primarily on 3rd downs, always end up in man-to-man coverage - which hasn't worked since the days of Jimmy Johnson it seems. HUGE mistake on this one.

4. For a veteran QB, that was the most piss-poor, I mean really just piss-poor clock management by Chad Pennington. I'm almost ready to call for Chad Henne, just to get him game experience because I just don't have a good feeling about us getting back to .500 in the next 6 games.

5. Sean Smith will be fine.

6. We used it too many times in the wrong situations. Why on earth in a 2-minute offense would you line a QB under center and play action when it wastes a good 3-4 seconds rather than just line up the QB in a shotgun? Henning and Pasqualoni should both be on VERY hot seats. (Karl Dorrell and Todd Bowles for OC and DC in 2010...or sooner)

7. I think it just goes to show that Ted Ginn is never going to be an elite WR; he's above average to good. Nothing more, nothing less until we can fiind a way to throw the ball down field...cough...Henne...couch.

6. Tpaddle

Tpaddle Active Member

Sep 21, 2009
    yea gibril missed a lot of tackles tonite and i think the play action had to be used more

also why did we have like every FG kicked from the dirt?....at least carpenter was pretty solid except for the 1 bad miss

7. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    noticed he made all his kicks from the dirt and missed the kick from the nice soft grass?:pity:

8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It's not that Smith will be fine, he is fine. Reggie Wayne was his man and caught three passes on him for 37 yards. Why are we blaming Sean for anything?

9. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    i wasnt blaming him, im just sayinn that being 6'3, hes not that good of a corner in terms of agility. i dont understand how no one ever notices that any receiver Sean Smith covers just does one move and breaks him bad. i mean come on, lets be realistic, the Colts were on the field for no more than 15 minutes. if the colts had the ball more, Wayne would have lit up Smith.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    But they weren't and they didn't. It's very speculative. Has he been beat a few times? Sure, but that happens to all rookie corners. He has looked pretty good.

11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I like the rest of your answers, but that call was terrible. Everyone but the D knew what was gonna happen. Manning saw it, audibled, and best us badly. When the announcers tell you whats going to happen, you know it was a bad call.

12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    This is why I miss a player like Zach Thomas on defense. He provided the counter to your opponents counter. When the offense audibled, so did he. He put players in position to make plays. We lack that now.

13. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    sure they didnt because Manning had 7 receptions from Dallas Clark for 183 yards. do you honestly feel if the colts had the ball longer, Peyton Manning couldnt get it to Reggie Wayne a lot more often?

14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I didn't say he couldn't. I said we dont know what would have happened. For all we know he could have intercepted one and taken it back for a TD.

It never happened so it isn't fair to say it would have.

15. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    he's bizarro-Mare