1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Day With Jared Odrick in Canada's Counter-Culture

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, Jul 14, 2016.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I just finished reading this MMQB piece by Jenny Vrentas and thought it was a good read. I know Odrick isn't a Dolphin anymore (so mods, feel free to move if you like) but I figured some may enjoy reading this piece about Odricks mindset while here, his training while in Miami and outside of here. Also thought there's an interesting little tid-bit on Jeff Ireland, and Odricks view on the football culture, his fitness routines and why some guys (like Suh) choose to train away from the facility in the offseason. There was a lot in here to make it an interesting read IMO. Always liked Odrick, and this is good insight into a former player moving forward, and a bit on his time here and the commitment to fitness and training some of these guys make. Also, I like the Canadian connection :up:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/07/12/jared-odrick-jacksonville-jaguars-nfl-toronto-canada

argos31, CrunchTime and Bpk like this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Being from Toronto, I loved reading that. VERY cool. Thanks for sharing!

I do like Odrick's mentality when it comes to improving himself, seeking out alternatives, doing more than other athletes, and also getting a break from the ego-driven culture of being an NFL player.

Interesting dude.

3. argos31

argos31 Member

Jan 2, 2014
    He's probably just in Toronto for the better strip clubs.

Also, I just moved from downtown TO two months ago to the Beaches (East of the city), this article makes me sad.

Was actually a great article and I highly recommend reading it