1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Different Study of Tannehill After Two Wins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Oct 23, 2016.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    For the most part, Tannehill threw crisp passes, although he also had a few rough moments. But it didn't matter because of the offensive line and Ajayi- there was no reason to repetitively obsess over Tannehill at all. This is what a complete offense looks like folks and it was a true pleasure to watch.

So the real message about Tannehill- there's nothing here to see folks. Move along in an orderly fashion.

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Tannehill hasn't changed, our expectations have. A team with no running attack expects the QB to do everything. A team with a running attack expects the QB to do much less.

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That's exactly my point. Regardless of how good or bad Tannehill may be, he is competent enough for us to win consistently with other parts of the offense contributing.

4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Contributing? Sure if we average 250+ yards rushing a game, id imagine we can win with Ryan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunn34, dolphin25 and Finster like this.
  5. muskrat21

muskrat21 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2014
    we haven't had 250 yards ever this year yet... guess you'll be hating t-hill forever. glad i have you blocked still. clicking the see what this poster says seeing if you have a brain yet is useless.

6. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    The issue with RT is if he's worth 20 mil, we could have won these games with a lot of QBs in the league, 20 mil is still too much for game manager imo.

gunn34 and dolphin25 like this.
  7. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Valid point. But at least with other positive things happening, the team will be able to actually evaluate that this season and decide whether or not to part ways. So it's good news either way.

Finster likes this.
  8. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    What scares me about Tannehill is that he can have the rushing game behind him like he did today and still look like a total milquetoast QB. It seemed like Adam Gase gave him several play-action opportunities and Tannehill once again looked hesitant and unwilling to pull the trigger. The only play that stood out to me was the scramble late in the 4th quarter which resulted in a big 3rd down conversion to Jarvis Landry. That was a big play and the ball was well thrown. If you got that kind of quality QB'ing on every drive you could have some high hopes, but unfortunately those sorts of plays are rare with Tannehill. He only flashes that stuff. That's what breaks your heart.

Keep in mind that there are a host of other things which should draw more attention after this win: Ajayi's sudden rise, the fact Miami scored 14 points to go ahead and win with 6-minutes left in the 4th quarter, the defense getting pressure and being able to contain Tyrod all game, all those penalties on the final drive, etc. By no means was today about the QB. But if you ask me about him, I'd say he was unspectacular and looked shaky at best.

So I think what today tells us is that maybe Miami can be something on the short-term, next year that is. If so, maybe you act more seriously in regards to getting a QB you feel can deliver big plays more often. If I felt the running game was there and that the pass pro would be solid, I'd be more inclined to jump on putting a real answer back there at QB. Two weeks ago, this team looked totally different. It looked like swiss cheese and Tannehill seemed like he'd be a serviceable answer as rebuilding took priority. The last 2 weeks have us all questioning how close Miami might be to a winning record. Funny how things can change like that. It'll be interesting to see how long this rushing dominance lasts.

9. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i got the sense that Gase called a Seattle Seahawks type game. He saw oiur defense was holding them and our running game was rocking. I think he just wanted to play it safe for the most part.

DolphinGreg, gunn34 and resnor like this.
  10. Electric Boogaloo

Electric Boogaloo Inventor of the question mark

May 11, 2013
    Miami
    Not one of Tannehill's better games, IMO, and I'm generally a supporter of the job he's done. He's been inexplicably floating balls the last two weeks, even on his shorter stuff like the 2pt conversion. Makes me wonder if he hasn't been trying to take some mustard off his heater and learn some touch. Of course when he goes back to it, Foster can't handle it on third down. When he's throwing to a target sitting down in a zone gap, he drops frozen ropes into tight windows. Like that early 3rd down conversion to Stills. He just struggles with hitting guys in stride and leading them to YAC.

I will will give him credit for one thing today, his pocket awareness and sliding to open spots upon pressure was money. And that late strike to Landry on the run was special. Shows the talent he has if he can just get some solid line play and build some confidence.

DolphinGreg, dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  11. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Winning feels good, that's all I know.