1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few random observations about the new ownership

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I was very critical of the changes that Ross made when it came to the PR end of the fan experience at the game.. But let me tell ya, I loved EM on Monday night. I have to admit that part of that crazy energy in the stadium was a result of the amped up music and "Miami" feel to the game. The stadium looks great, the new flat panels look great. As someone that loves rock, i didn't mind the ghetto Miami mixes or the exclusion of the old Miami Dolphins Championship song. (BTW when was the last time we were "The greatest Football Team"??)

Here is something that may shock some of you that have been to games at JRS over the years.. I was in the upper level, near the 10, around 10 rows up. I DID NOT SIT down the entire game!! At a Phins game? Are you kidding me? I used to get hammered by people complaining! I was up and screaming from the kickoff to the end, and so were a lot of people around me. It felt like a Hurricanes game at the OB.

I have to give credit to the new ownership for bringing energy and excitement to the Stadium. Yes the game warranted it, but these extra new measures have certainly made a good impact on the stadium experience.

Thank you Mr Ross!!! :up::knucks:

cnc66, opfinistic, djphinfan and 3 others like this.
  2. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    The last time we were on the field.

Great post though.

dolphindebby and Bumrush like this.
  3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Anything to break the curse brother.

If that includes deleting the fight song from Dolphins lore than so be it.
    At least we are trying something new. In with the new out with the old....

And the Jimmy Buffet feel works - Even if it is lame.. Again, it gives the experience a unique Miami vibe- And serves to pump people up a heck of a lot more than some random Metallica song or something.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thanks Rush, you made my day buddy...lets hope when we show up and were loud, we get rewarded at home...i hate that were a better road team then home team.

On another note....Jerry Jones may have built a modern day Coliseum, but, he isnt as smart as it seems...That place had a hollow feel to me...the players seem to be playing separated, and isolated, on the field....What a putz, another owner has made another HUGE mistake by not constructing the stadium to be PURPOSELY buillt condusive to crowd noise, and for thinking, that fans want gadgets while their watching....

What they dont understand, and are apparently not intuitive enough to get, is that if you were to build a stadium purposely for the game to be as close to the fans as legally possible, that would be the golden gadget that would sell any stadium out every game.... If You make your stadium to let your fans impact the game thru crowd noise, then you just hit an economic jackpot...You give a fanbase of an NFL team an identity that their home turf is a tough place to be, and you will have the happiest fans and players you could ever want...

The Orange Bowl II....The Canes and the Dolphins coming together for an interchangable stadium, that could unify a city, capitolizing on our nostalgia, and our past bad *** reputation as a fan base...

Jerry Jones sold his teams soul man...

Bumrush, SeanP and jetssuck like this.