1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Freethought Commentary

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I am as dejected a fan as any with the loss yesterday to the Saints. The Saints are a helluva team, and proved why they are setting the standard in the NFL right now. They are, IMO, the best team in the NFL. Their offense and defense are playing good ball. Could anyone block Jonathan Vilma? Miami definitely let this one slip away.

This is also the time of year where teams begin to shuffle up and down the power rankings. This is the time where the cream of the crop rises to the top. The Saints are definitely there. The Patriots, unfortunately, are there, as well as Indianapolis and the Broncos. There is plenty of football left, but I think all of the teams mentioned are plenty solid.

I cannot stress how disappointed I am in the loss, and to look for answers might yield nothing; but then again? Just as I felt the loss of Chad Pennington might not help, Chad Henne comes out and impresses. Even yesterday, his passes were crisp, and he is very cool in the pocket. It is unfortunate that several were sure hits, only to be missed because of the receivers. He got sacked, but that could be attributed more to the Saints defense rather than his lack of pocket awareness. I have a good feeling about Henne. Yes, it's early, but he really seems pretty smooth in the pocket.

We lose Will Allen. Allen has really been hit or miss this year. I really would not want his job because he has to face the best time in and out. Of course, he is not a true shut-down corner. But he is solid, and is a solid leader. Let's hope Davis and Smith can hold down the fort. This is a challenge, but ultimately, good for the long haul. They are going to take their lumps, obviously, but I have a good feeling that they will be OK. We have a freak of nature sized CB in Smith and a bullet in Davis. I like Davis' ability to tackle, and I like Smith's body control. It is definitely a good mixture. I am excited to see them start early in only that they will be more seasoned come next year. Also, it is not out of reason to think a rookie CB cannot be somewhat successful. We have two chances at that. I wonder if Davis will be the one picked on? I also wonder if he steps up.

I will not go into Ted Ginn, Jr.

Can we get a legitimate ILB? Channing Crowder's name was called thrice yesterday from what I recall. One time, he blew up a play for negative yardage on an outside run. The second time was a stupid penalty after a Saints TD, and the 3rd was when he was absolutely hammered by Mike Bell. I am tired of his antics. He was funny before, but now I am tired of it. I am surprised he was re-signed in the offseason. He is undoubtedly bright, but does he really know how to run a defense? I do not see where he warranted being re-signed. I do not wish an injury on anyone, but if he is indeed injured, I would like to see Kershaw in the mix. I thought he played well in the pre-season. Let's see what we have with him. I know he has been released by like 18 teams, but he did play reasonably well when called upon. But there's obviously something with him, because he continues to get picked up. I want to see him on the field. Who else do we have?

I actually thought the secondary stepped up. I mean, with Drew Brees, it's just a matter of time. The D-line did not generate quite the pressure like they did in the 1st half. They seemed tired, too. The Saints did hold the ball for over 33 minutes.

Anyway, I do not know what else to write. This is just a random thoughts writeup. The season is far from over. We have plenty to be excited about, especially on defense. Let's hope it does not get too ugly.

Ludacris, dolfan7171, eric and 2 others like this.
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree...its not over we will win this year and into the next. Let's go Dolphins!!