1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good article about our CB situation

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Trowa, Jun 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13475226/teams-becoming-more-willing-to-start-rookies-at-cornerback?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Another surprisingly good read from Prisco

2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I'm surprised no one has anything to say about this.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks for the link, good read.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    As the article points out, starting 2 rookie Cb's is a rare in the NFL, and the results were predictable.

5. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa

If a genie said I could grant one wish, of all the things I could wish for, it'd be for Miami's secondary to not suck as bad as they did last year. The lost to the Colts gave me heartburn for a month. Hell the opening play of that game almost cost me a remote! :lol:

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree that it was a very good article. I haven't said that about One of Prisko's articles very often.

As for the CBs, I'm excited about their prospects moving forward. My main complaint about Davis was that he clearly didn't understand football when he was in college. I'm glad to hear that he has realized that. That's the first step to getting better and not trying to just get by on athletic ability.

As for Smith, I think he'll be a stud. Fans get pumped about Davis b/c he makes more highlight hits, but Smith's understanding of football and how to play CB was head and shoulders better last year. What's more impressive about that is that CB is a relatively new position for Smith since he was a CB convert at Utah. He really only had two years at CB before getting drafted. And good CBs with that much length are hard to find. But when you do, it's a huge advantage. I also think Smith has superior ball skills. I'm hoping that with a year under his belt we'll see the ball hawk that we saw at Utah.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I hope we play more zone this year. Sean's length and Vontae's quickness/hitting abilty can make for some very small windows.

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    looks good to me, hope Clemens can step up too

9. sloppyjoer

sloppyjoer New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Great read. Thankfully, these boys have a season under their belt and hope they can learn from last year. I'd really like to see them develop into the Surtain/Madison combo we had a few years back. Add in their youth, and we could have a dangerous combo back there for years to come!

10. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    The corners should be better,we need settle on a safety as we all know,hopefully someone allready on the roster will step up.