A Jet Fan Thinks They Are Dwarfing Dolphins in Free Agency

62 replies

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Mar 14, 2015, 04:19 PM

"Colorado Dolfan wrote:

We always assume alcohol is involved when someone is a Jets' fan.

Copious amounts. ;)

that's usually a requirement to mate with the female Jets fan

testing

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Mar 14, 2015, 04:46 PM

In all fairness the Jets and Bills are both going to be a lot better this next season.

305305Forum Veteran
Mar 14, 2015, 05:12 PM

Ah yes, Fitzmagic.... don't blink, or he'll disappear to a new team.

We're all here because we're all not there.

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Mar 14, 2015, 08:32 PM

Looks like the jests don't need Rex after all to make those paper championship predictions.

Mar 15, 2015, 12:37 AM

Ahh yes, how I have missed threads like this.

Welcome back, arrogant yet eventually disappointed Jets fans.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Mar 15, 2015, 07:31 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Go watch James Carpenter actually play a few games and then get back to us on how you feel.

And that's tbe guy that has to block Suh for 100 snaps this year.

What do you name a gay Irishman?

Ryan Fitz Patrick and Patrick Fitz Ryan

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Mar 15, 2015, 08:21 PM

"Darrelle Revis wrote:

Bowles' system is exactly like Rex's. The Sons of Anarachy brothers are going to eat everyone's lunch!!

Actually Rex's defense is in Buffalo, where he has better players on defense then he had with the Jets.

I do agree that the Dolphins will be stymied next year because they are stuck with Philbin for another year. I think the division will once again be won by the Patriots and the team coming in second will again be the Bills.

The Dolphins will probably finish 8-8 again and the Jets, with no realiable NFL QB and a first year HC will probably still improve from their 2014 record. Instead of going 4-12 next year, they might be good enough to go 6-10 in 2015.

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Mar 15, 2015, 08:51 PM

Keep your secondary. I'll keep our DLine. Gonna be fun to watch. :lol:


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 07:41 AM

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 10:32 AM

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 11:50 AM

"Ohio Fanatic wrote:

funny how the troll didn't show up last season when his team sucked. Now he's trollin again.

The Jets fans should be excited, their defense just improved, could be top 3-5 this season. You still have a dysfunctional offense. welcome to 4th place in the division.
Patriots - Miami - Buffalo - Jets (with possibility that Buffalo and Miami coudl swap)

Well, in fairness, with a username like "Darrell Revis" he couldn't really log in with Revis playing for the Pats.

"BicketyBam wrote:

And one just happens to be the best CB in the NFL. Our secondary is filthy. I know it. You know it.

Two different approaches this offseason, both designed to stop Tom Brady. You guys seem to be loading up on the secondary players and want to make it hard for him to throw. We took a different approach. We went out and signed a guy who will try and tear his head off on every play. We'll see which approach worked better this fall.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 02:24 PM

"Vengeful Odin wrote:

Well, in fairness, with a username like "Darrell Revis" he couldn't really log in with Revis playing for the Pats.

Two different approaches this offseason, both designed to stop Tom Brady. You guys seem to be loading up on the secondary players and want to make it hard for him to throw. We took a different approach. We went out and signed a guy who will try and tear his head off on every play. We'll see which approach worked better this fall.

The Jets have a very good defensive line in Wilkerson, Richardson and Harrison. It's not like they are all secondary. I also think they will add a speed rusher through the draft.

-Ed-

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 02:45 PM

"Darrelle Revis wrote:

Looks like you don't want the division as bad as we do.

Already in FA

CB - Darrelle Revis. As you guys can tell, I never gave up. He loves NYC. He came home. By far the greatest CB, ever.
CB - Antonio Cromartie. Played amazing in Bowles' scheme last year.
CB - Buster Skrine. Very underrated. Will play the slot and will play it well. Better than Kyle Wilson.
WR - Brandon Marshall. Let me just say this.. Any franchise that ever got rid of this guy, is stupid. Monster!!
OG - James Carpenter. Excels in the passing game. I like it. A lot. (Jim Carey voice)
QB - Ryan Fitzmagic. Geno sucks. Geno was ranked 29th in passer rating. Fitzy was ranked 9th. All we ask is to manage the game!

I'm hoping we can get Kevin White with the 6th pick or Vic Beasley.




This actually isn't a troll thread. I was looking at the Dolphins FA transactions so far and I'm finding it hard to see how you are "getting better."
Looks like it's gonna be a Pats/Jets race for the division at this point.

Jets are going to be a lot better, no doubt. Your secondary is beastly. Your defensive line is very, very good. You need to add a pass rusher and Vic Beasley makes sense. I bet Rex is pissed off that his GM never bothered to assemble that defense when he was there. If they had, that NYJ defense wins at least 6-8 games by itself. Scary D in NY.

I don't really agree with you on Marshall or Fitzpatrick. I agree Miami was dumb to let him go a few years back. Philbin gunna Philbin... At 31 years old, I think you have to question what he's got left in the tank. I think he'll still be productive, as he's a physical possession receiver regardless. And his size gives him a mismatch vs. anyone. But I don't think you're getting the player you think they're.

And Fitzpatrick? Really? You needed to follow George Costanza's advice and get out while you're on top. Leave them wanting more. Fitzpatrick is an average journeyman QB. Playing in NYC is going to expose his arm come November and December, just like it did in Buffalo. He's a 1-1 TD/INT ratio, 60% completion, 2800-3000 yards a year, QB. Better than Geno? Yeah. Good enough to make waves in the AFC east? No. Unless being better than Cassel is your idea of good. The NYJ will live and die with that defense. Which sadly, is about as good as it's been in years. Add in a quality pass rusher and suddenly, you may have one of the best in the league.

finsfandanfinsfandanForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 02:46 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

The Jets have a very good defensive line in Wilkerson, Richardson and Harrison. It's not like they are all secondary. I also think they will add a speed rusher through the draft.

Which is why I believe the Jets will have the best defense in the AFC East. Replacing Rex Ryan with Todd Bowles will most likely work out. Bowles filled in well for the Dolphins as interim HC and as DC for the Cardinals.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 04:26 PM

"Clark Kent wrote:

Jets are going to be a lot better, no doubt. Your secondary is beastly. Your defensive line is very, very good. You need to add a pass rusher and Vic Beasley makes sense. I bet Rex is pissed off that his GM never bothered to assemble that defense when he was there. If they had, that NYJ defense wins at least 6-8 games by itself. Scary D in NY.

I don't really agree with you on Marshall or Fitzpatrick. I agree Miami was dumb to let him go a few years back. Philbin gunna Philbin... At 31 years old, I think you have to question what he's got left in the tank. I think he'll still be productive, as he's a physical possession receiver regardless. And his size gives him a mismatch vs. anyone. But I don't think you're getting the player you think they're.

And Fitzpatrick? Really? You needed to follow George Costanza's advice and get out while you're on top. Leave them wanting more. Fitzpatrick is an average journeyman QB. Playing in NYC is going to expose his arm come November and December, just like it did in Buffalo. He's a 1-1 TD/INT ratio, 60% completion, 2800-3000 yards a year, QB. Better than Geno? Yeah. Good enough to make waves in the AFC east? No. Unless being better than Cassel is your idea of good. The NYJ will live and die with that defense. Which sadly, is about as good as it's been in years. Add in a quality pass rusher and suddenly, you may have one of the best in the league.

Nice post and I agree with it. I understand what you are saying about Fitzpatrick, but I can't stop myself from thinking about how they went to 2 AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez as QB. I am not saying they can duplicate that feat, but it's not out of the realms of possibilities. Sadly, Fitzpatrick's passer rating was better than any Jets starting QB since Pennington. Scary and sad.

Bowles is a huge unknown right now. Hopefully he can succeed as a head coach in NY.

-Ed-

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2015, 05:20 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Nice post and I agree with it. I understand what you are saying about Fitzpatrick, but I can't stop myself from thinking about how they went to 2 AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez as QB. I am not saying they can duplicate that feat, but it's not out of the realms of possibilities. Sadly, Fitzpatrick's passer rating was better than any Jets starting QB since Pennington. Scary and sad.

Bowles is a huge unknown right now. Hopefully he can succeed as a head coach in NY.

get it right.

it's Fitzmagic.

Clark KentClark KentForum Veteran
Mar 17, 2015, 02:58 AM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Nice post and I agree with it. I understand what you are saying about Fitzpatrick, but I can't stop myself from thinking about how they went to 2 AFC championship games with Mark Sanchez as QB. I am not saying they can duplicate that feat, but it's not out of the realms of possibilities. Sadly, Fitzpatrick's passer rating was better than any Jets starting QB since Pennington. Scary and sad.

Bowles is a huge unknown right now. Hopefully he can succeed as a head coach in NY.

I like Bowles. There's definitely some unknowns, but he's got potential to be a good one. Although I don't know if I like him more than Ryan...

A scary 1-2 punch would be Beasley and one of the top 3 running backs.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Mar 22, 2015, 02:39 PM

If a bunch of obnoxious Dolphin fans went to Gang Green and started smack talking they would get banned immediately.

You guys should be happy we allow you to post here with all your trollish comments.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
Mar 22, 2015, 02:40 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Bowles is a huge unknown right now. Hopefully he can succeed as a head coach in NY.

Hopefully he will succeed just like Rich Kotite did. That's my hope.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Mar 22, 2015, 06:21 PM

"Bumrush wrote:

Hopefully he will succeed just like Rich Kotite did. That's my hope.

I hope Ross extends Queasy for another 5 years!

-Ed-

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Mar 23, 2015, 11:57 AM

"Bumrush wrote:

If a bunch of obnoxious Dolphin fans went to Gang Green and started smack talking they would get banned immediately.

You guys should be happy we allow you to post here with all your trollish comments.

yeah, they are very sensitive over there. I made one comment years ago that no one would regard as trolling or obnoxious, just a disagreeable tone and I was banned.

testing

Darrelle RevisDarrelle RevisNew Member
Mar 23, 2015, 04:32 PM

"Clark Kent wrote:

Jets are going to be a lot better, no doubt. Your secondary is beastly. Your defensive line is very, very good. You need to add a pass rusher and Vic Beasley makes sense. I bet Rex is pissed off that his GM never bothered to assemble that defense when he was there. If they had, that NYJ defense wins at least 6-8 games by itself. Scary D in NY.

I don't really agree with you on Marshall or Fitzpatrick. I agree Miami was dumb to let him go a few years back. Philbin gunna Philbin... At 31 years old, I think you have to question what he's got left in the tank. I think he'll still be productive, as he's a physical possession receiver regardless. And his size gives him a mismatch vs. anyone. But I don't think you're getting the player you think they're.

And Fitzpatrick? Really? You needed to follow George Costanza's advice and get out while you're on top. Leave them wanting more. Fitzpatrick is an average journeyman QB. Playing in NYC is going to expose his arm come November and December, just like it did in Buffalo. He's a 1-1 TD/INT ratio, 60% completion, 2800-3000 yards a year, QB. Better than Geno? Yeah. Good enough to make waves in the AFC east? No. Unless being better than Cassel is your idea of good. The NYJ will live and die with that defense. Which sadly, is about as good as it's been in years. Add in a quality pass rusher and suddenly, you may have one of the best in the league.

I need to give you credit. That was a well thought and thorough reply you just assembled, and I'm not sure im used to that around here. Anyways, I'm not calling Fitzpatrick the savior of this franchise. However, I am calling him a massive upgrade over Geno Smith. Fitz was 9th in passer rating last year. Smith was 29th. I'm just saying with this defense we got, with the two receievrs we got, it's going to be hard to lose as long as we do not turn the ball over.

Darrelle Revis = Greatest Defensive Player of All-Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsuLFxXi_aw

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Mar 23, 2015, 09:20 PM

PaganPaganForum Veteran
Mar 24, 2015, 09:13 AM

"Darrelle Revis wrote:

I need to give you credit. That was a well thought and thorough reply you just assembled, and I'm not sure im used to that around here. Anyways, I'm not calling Fitzpatrick the savior of this franchise. However, I am calling him a massive upgrade over Geno Smith. Fitz was 9th in passer rating last year. Smith was 29th. I'm just saying with this defense we got, with the two receievrs we got, it's going to be hard to lose as long as we do not turn the ball over.

The very fact that you disappeared from here when your team sucked ass last year and then show up now renders anything and everything you say null and void. Take your lumps like a man when your team blows, don't just come prancing in when you think they're gunna be good.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

Coral ReeferCoral ReeferNew Member
Mar 24, 2015, 10:02 AM

What do sewage pipes and Jet fans have in common?

Both have a huge mouth that is always open and both have an unending steady flow of crap coming out of it.

Not smack... just fact. :lol:

RIP Jetssuck