1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a look at Miam's "Pistol" Offense(aka the WildPat aka the Pat White Package)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    a look at Miami's "Pistol" Offense(aka the WildPat aka the Pat White Package)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-3-out-nowhere

I definately think we'll see more of this as the year goes on.

dolfan7171, BigDogsHunt and mbmonk like this.
  2. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Nice find

3. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I live in Reno so I've seen a ton of the pistol offense and I'm also a UF alum so I've watched a ton of the Gator offense as well. Both of these offenses use the running QB to gain an advantage on the D (or at least negate the D's advantage). I have felt for years that the future NFL offense will borrow heavily from the concepts. We saw the beginnings of that in last year's wildcat. Going forward I believe that will develop into a well rounded attack. Of course people will play the silly name game about whether it's a wildcat or a pistol but the basic concepts are the same.

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    best part...

dolfan7171 and BigDogsHunt like this.
  5. Miguel

Miguel The smartest Man on earth

Kool nice to see the wildpat in action

6. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    The Ronnie/Rickey run first - pass only if called - WildCat gave us the mismatch with personnel in the beginning. We have modified the unbalanced power line, and now the Pistol wrinkle with Pat W. (or Ronnie/Rickey) and as they say, Motion from WildCat to Pistol would be another wrinkle.

The Pistol with Pat W. is very interesting - and the POTENTIAL exceeds the traditional WildCat based on Pass (the minute Pat gets comfortable with NFL Speed and his own accuracy and being amped).

7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    wouldnt motioning from the WC to the Pistol be similar to what Denver does w/their WildHorses?

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    this is the time to perfect these packages & season players
    not in the middle of a season we have a shot the SuperBowl