1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Loss TOO Tuff To Take?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MaddMatt, Nov 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    I did not post after the game. I saw my team play the worst 4th quarter of "football" I have ever seen them play covering MANY a moon, and lost a bunch of money on top of it.

I was in an "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" mode, and would have been banned.

Today, I am more realistic. I remember where we were in 2007, the youth, the injuries, the lack of play-makers, as well as all the GOOD STUFF we have accomplished.

We are not ready to make a run at a SB. I just have to relax, and give us another year to let the rebuilding take place.

Your thoughts?

2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    You need a head taken off? My rates are very reasonable.

3. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I think we need more then 1 year,help is still needed in many position starting from

Wr,Rb,Te ,Lb and i can go on

I still think we got a keeper in henn,yeah he played a poor game but everyone has one..

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I think we got caught up in 11-5 last year.

I do think record had a part of it as well as the WC but the games we lost were ugly.

The important thing IMO is are we still losing this years games due to reasons of losing last years games?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    How much to behead lucky?

opfinistic likes this.
  6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :shifty:

PM sent.

7. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    11-5 has nothing to do with my anger at blowing games in the 4th quarter.

We can't finish games and it pisses me off, no matter what the record is, this year or last year!!!

8. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Dude...we can;t finish games in games where we win.....

it is depressing.

ONE game where we ENDED an opponent...the Bills at home.

these wins Jets, Jets, Bucs, Panthers.....they all creeped back into the game.

opfinistic likes this.
  9. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    We do suck at closing the deal. But that's nothing new...

10. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    We just aren't a playoff/Superbowl team. It is that simple.

My question, is what is the difference between last year and this year? It seemed like we could finish games off in the 4th quarter last year, where this year we are the worst 4th quarter team in the NFL.

The most obvious and probably easiest difference is Chad Pennington. Maybe his experience and leadership really is the difference?

Not that I think Henne is doing a bad job, especially considering the circumstances. I think Henne is playing better than most people probably expected.

Injuries are probably playing a huge role in this as well. Last year we didn't have any injuries, this year we've had more than our fair share. This has to play some kind of role in the 4th quarter, right?

Competition might also be the difference. We weren't exactly playing the same level of competition last year, that we are this year.

Maybe everything I have just said are excuses, maybe they have some truth to them, its up to you guys to decide for yourselves. I am still trying to figure it out myself.

What are your thoughts? I am just throwing stuff out there, I really don't know why we can't seem to win the 4th quarter this year, when we were doing it almost routinely last year.

11. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I think the injuries and strength of schedule have been a major factor in the W/L ratio, as far as finishing games goes.....I hope that's a trend that we address and fix, giving up so many points in such a small time was a nutkicker, we need to fix that ASAP.

12. The Dolfan

The Dolfan New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Libya
    You didn't know that betting on your favorite team is a jynx?

13. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    I'm in construction. After many a beer to try to get over the pathetic showing, I would have hired you for myself at 6 AM this "mourning." LOL

opfinistic likes this.
  14. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    I seldom do it, and overall have won much more than I've lost. I met three Buff fan at Happy Hour Fri, and shut them up with my bet.

LUCKY ME. LOL

15. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I do ex girlfriends as well.

16. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I have the same problem. I know I should know better, but I guess it's the call of the familiar or something. Then the next day comes aruond and there's this awkward realization that you both made a mistake and you kind of drift apart again, at least until the next time it happens.

That is what you're talking about, right?

opfinistic likes this.
  17. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :shifty:

Yeah, except for the next day part. I prefer to take $40 from her purse and sneak outta the window in the middle of the night.

emocomputerjock likes this.
  18. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

We were actually pretty good at finishing last year. At NY to seal the AFC East title, game clinching defensive stand w/sacks to beat the Niners, etc. We had a good number of long time-killing drive in the 4th to keep the opposing offenses off the field, and the defense was better than this year's.

Don't really know why the slide, unless it's injuries. Lots of starters out right now. I don't really think it's the schedule, although we are playing better quality opponents as a rule, but you can't use that excuse this week, the Bills are bad, and we should have dominated them. There are some bad calls, bad breaks, odd play calls, etc, but that doesn't come close to explaining the drop in quality of play. This year the whole package isn't working as well overall as last.

19. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    one very ugly game
    now, its time to get back to rebuilding & restructuring
    got to coach-up, refine, evaluate
    everybody including the coaching cadre