1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A response to ESPN's future power ranking article

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miamifins854, May 24, 2012.

1. Miamifins854

Miamifins854 Finkle is Einhorn

Dec 15, 2007
    UCF
  2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    You should email that to Walker. His article is really trash not only because it trashes the Dolphins but he still puts a patriot team lead by Tom Brady (who would be 38 then and who knows if hes still playing) at 2 overall. The Packers, NYG, Saints for certain and probably the Steelers, Chargers, Colts and Skins with their elite or potentially elite QB's still in their prime would have a better chance of being ahead of NE based on QB play alone. At 38 Brady would be lucky if hes still playing and if he is, at what level? This is why I will never and have never read power rankings....you get dumber for doing so.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  3. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    They really did that ? ESPN paid him and everything ? C'mon epsn... more reporting, less airhead analysis !!!!

4. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I honestly expected it to just be "**** Off"

smahtaz likes this.
  5. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    this is why i wnoder why miami has no former players working for them we need to get some former players into the media .

6. Daben

Daben Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Isn't Walker commenting on the power rankings for 2015 done by a Dilfer, Kiper, etc. ? He is in fact criticising the Patriots being at 2 if you read the article properly.

I think you might want to rethink this, you seem to be criticising the wrong person.

7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Someone needs to keep their day job, or get a real one. :lol:

8. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    If Ireland remains the GM, I would agree with these future rankings. Fortunately I think Ross will see after the 2012 season that Ireland doesn't have a clue and this will lead him to finally hire a GM who actually knows how to build a winning organization. I have been stating for some time that I expect the 2012 Dolphins to finish last in the AFC East in 2012 and hopefully Ross will see that the real problem with the team is a lack of talent on the roster and not the coaching.

This lack of talent is the fault of Ireland and if he is still the GM after the 2012 season is over, the Dolphins will very likely still be a bottom tier team in 2015, as this ESPN projection predicts.

9. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    who cares? Our play will determine where we rank, if we arent contending at some point for a SB then 2nd place is just 1st loser

10. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Winning the Super Bowl is obviously the ultimate goal, however if the Fins were to become a consistant winner and get back to competing in the playoffs, that would be a great first step. Ive never been a fan of looking at sports in black and white. There's obviously a big difference between losing the Super Bowl, going 8-8, and going 1-15. Being in position to compete year after year is what Im looking for.

11. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

That seems weird to me. You seem to support Mr. Ross but not his decision to stick with Ireland. How can that be?