A review of Our Newest Dolphins
67 replies
Disagree on Parmele. but Great write up. It seems next year were addressing CB, S, WR, OLB, ILB
"adamprez2003 wrote:
If he can pick up all the techniques in one offseason and ends up starting for us then he's a mega steal. Its just my opinion and I could certainly be wrong but I think he's going to be a one or two year project. I'm not exactly sure what schemes we're going to be running but I think someone like Thomas might be better suited for a team like the Broncos where he would probably have more opportunities to use his speed. If we're using alot of counter tres then he definitely starts making more sense to me but I really think he wont be ready this year. i think its too much to expect him to learn all the technique work to be ready for prime time his first season. I expect him to have alot of problems with our defensive line in this training camp so it will be interesting if Parcells and company are willing to stash a project on their roster for a full year
It's on...:taz::taz:....:lol:
We'll see, a wager perhaps?
3) DE Kendall Langford 6’5 ½” 287 4.89 - Bit of a surprising pick to start the second day of the NFL Draft considering that the team had more glaring needs at cornerback and wide receiver but it goes right along with the Bill Parcells strategy of building a team from the trenches out. Langford is naturally big with the raw power to hold his ground. Shows enough strength to generate a push and can make plays behind the line of scrimmage. He had 72 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss and 6 sacks his senior year. He has a good bull rush and has decent short area quickness for plays coming at him. Just like all the Parcells types he is nasty and mean.
Don’t expect much from Kendall his first year out. He has poor hand technique which causes him to get hung up on blockers. He isn’t that quick or explosive so don’t expect massive sack numbers in the NFL although he should be good for about 6 to 8 per year once he figures out proper technique. He’s not quick to change direction so don’t expect plays being made unless they go right at him. He plays a bit high.
Overall a very solid developmental project with the physical talent to become a solid 3-4 DE starter with improved technique
Grade B (The raw material is there to work with)
Prospects bypassed: CB Charles Godfrey, WR Mario Manningham, DE Chris Ellis, RB Jamaal Charles, CB Reggie Smith, DT Pat Sims, FS Dajuan Morgan, TE Craig Stevens, TE Brad Cottam, OT Oniel Cousins, OT Jeremy Zuttah, OLB Cliff Avril
GREAT write up prez
Do you think the Phins reached for this guy? with guys like Godfrey and Zuttah on the board

Great write-up Lemmy!!!!!!
"Roman529 wrote:
Great write-up Lemmy!!!!!!
the ace of spades, Don't forget the JOKER!!!!! i love that song

"BuckeyeKing wrote:
Disagree on Parmele. but Great write up. It seems next year were addressing CB, S, WR, OLB, ILB
Yeah that's the feeling I got after the draft too :lol: Hey congrats. No Wolverines drafted on the second day. Must've been sweating Manningham dangling there :lol:


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"padre31 wrote:
It's on...:taz::taz:....:lol:
We'll see, a wager perhaps?
A wager on what? That Ferguson will wreck him in camp? :tongue2:


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Lol. The Hasselbeck one was a bit of a stretch but there are some similarities. I dont think Connor wouldve been a good fit for the 3-4. As you know I'm a big fan of Chauncey Washington too. I think the NFL capped us on how many Wolverines we could draft in any given year. Cant have the Wolvering Fight Song break out in the middle of a Dolphins game now can we :lol:
As an OLB, Connor maybe wouldn't be a good fit but I think he could easily fill the Tedy Bruschi or Junior Seau role at MLB. He's great against the run which is what we really need with Zach gone. Would've wanted classmate Bruce Davis in that spot but Steelers got a wise pick there. Or Chauncey. I saw some clips of his Pro Day, man has he rediscovered that speed and agility he had in HS to pair with his power-running ability. Jags really got a nice guy to pair with Jones-Drew. Haha, I was half expecting us to land Crable as well. Might as well have Lloyd Carr coach the team. :lol:
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"ATVZ400 wrote:
3) DE Kendall Langford 6’5 ½” 287 4.89 - Bit of a surprising pick to start the second day of the NFL Draft considering that the team had more glaring needs at cornerback and wide receiver but it goes right along with the Bill Parcells strategy of building a team from the trenches out. Langford is naturally big with the raw power to hold his ground. Shows enough strength to generate a push and can make plays behind the line of scrimmage. He had 72 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss and 6 sacks his senior year. He has a good bull rush and has decent short area quickness for plays coming at him. Just like all the Parcells types he is nasty and mean.
Don’t expect much from Kendall his first year out. He has poor hand technique which causes him to get hung up on blockers. He isn’t that quick or explosive so don’t expect massive sack numbers in the NFL although he should be good for about 6 to 8 per year once he figures out proper technique. He’s not quick to change direction so don’t expect plays being made unless they go right at him. He plays a bit high.
Overall a very solid developmental project with the physical talent to become a solid 3-4 DE starter with improved technique
Grade B (The raw material is there to work with)
Prospects bypassed: CB Charles Godfrey, WR Mario Manningham, DE Chris Ellis, RB Jamaal Charles, CB Reggie Smith, DT Pat Sims, FS Dajuan Morgan, TE Craig Stevens, TE Brad Cottam, OT Oniel Cousins, OT Jeremy Zuttah, OLB Cliff Avril
GREAT write up prez
Do you think the Phins reached for this guy? with guys like Godfrey and Zuttah on the board
Initially yes but upon reflection when I was doing this writeup I thought it was a solid pick that reflected the Parcells strategy of building up the trenches. Its all about the system and some of the players I liked probably werent right for the system that Parcells wants to run. Also I dont know what Parcells plans are for Holliday, Wright or Starks. He may feel that DE was a huge need whereas I didnt think it was that big. Who knows how Zuttah or Godfrey came across in the interviews. Parcells may have instantly crossed them off his list after their interviews


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"Roman529 wrote:
Great write-up Lemmy!!!!!!
:sidelol: :up:


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
A wager on what? That Ferguson will wreck him in camp? :tongue2:
Ferguson is 300 yrs old, Thomas will run circles around him...:tongue2:
I think he makes the active roster, you don't (AFAIK).
Did I mention he also was the wedge buster on ST at UConn.. a 300 pd man running full steam down field to bust the wedge....splatt....:hi5:
"ATVZ400 wrote:
the ace of spades, Don't forget the JOKER!!!!! i love that song
But that's the way I like it baby, I dont want to live forever!!!


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"padre31 wrote:
Ferguson is 300 yrs old, Thomas will run circles around him...:tongue2:
I think he makes the active roster, you don't (AFAIK).
Did I mention he also was the wedge buster on ST at UConn.. a 300 pd man running full steam down field to bust the wedge....splatt....:hi5:
Running away from a Nose Tackle is not proper technique and I'm sure Sparano will correct him on that. :wink2:
Didnt know about the wedge buster stuff. That is impresssive. That will keep him on the active roster if he can do that. I will not bet on any failures from this draft group. I want to keep a positive Karma going


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"Regan21286 wrote:
As an OLB, Connor maybe wouldn't be a good fit but I think he could easily fill the Tedy Bruschi or Junior Seau role at MLB. He's great against the run which is what we really need with Zach gone. Would've wanted classmate Bruce Davis in that spot but Steelers got a wise pick there. Or Chauncey. I saw some clips of his Pro Day, man has he rediscovered that speed and agility he had in HS to pair with his power-running ability. Jags really got a nice guy to pair with Jones-Drew. Haha, I was half expecting us to land Crable as well. Might as well have Lloyd Carr coach the team. :lol:
Yeah I think we wouldve had to change our Dolphins Fight Song to the Michigan one if we drafted anymore Wolverines


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Yeah that's the feeling I got after the draft too :lol: Hey congrats. No Wolverines drafted on the second day. Must've been sweating Manningham dangling there :lol:
Nope, The guy is trouble. I wanted Arrington though.
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Yeah I think we wouldve had to change our Dolphins Fight Song to the Michigan one if we drafted anymore Wolverines
Haha, wouldn't be surprised if Parcells starts offering Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown, and John Beck in a multi-team trade to acquire Manningham, Hart, and Arrington.
Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

"adamprez2003 wrote:
Running away from a Nose Tackle is not proper technique and I'm sure Sparano will correct him on that. :wink2:
:sidelol:
Didnt know about the wedge buster stuff. That is impresssive. That will keep him on the active roster if he can do that. I will not bet on any failures from this draft group. I want to keep a positive Karma going
:up:
I can see him being used in short yardage situations as well as a Te, the spot he played in HS, and to be honest, I've got a felling about the guy, when a big man is athletic, Teams tend to find ways to keep them around, look how long Alabi and Toledo stuck around for example, his speed to power ration is impressive with 27 reps teaming with 4.9 speed, and it may be heresy, but Guard's don't have to be the technicians that Tackles and Centers have to be, they have to be athletic, and they have to anchor and get to the second level.
I haven't gushed about a player this much since I spent the last draft defending Samson Satele, and he was praised to high heaven for his movement on sweeps, well Donald Thomas is over a half second faster then Samson is.
I've heard that he doesn't have enough sand in his bucket to really anchor down against the inside p-rushers, or that if he doesn't get his hands on them, he has trouble, that is why my new sigline is what is....:hi5:
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
Nope, The guy is trouble. I wanted Arrington though.
In the later rounds I was rooting for Arrington and Steve Johnson :sad:


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
I wanted Barry Booker over the DT we drafted. Barry though is more of a pass rushing 3/4 DE I guess we wanted Run stopping.
"padre31 wrote:
:sidelol:
:up:
I can see him being used in short yardage situations as well as a Te, the spot he played in HS, and to be honest, I've got a felling about the guy, when a big man is athletic, Teams tend to find ways to keep them around, look how long Alabi and Toledo stuck around for example, his speed to power ration is impressive with 27 reps teaming with 4.9 speed, and it may be heresy, but Guard's don't have to be the technicians that Tackles and Centers have to be, they have to be athletic, and they have to anchor and get to the second level.
I haven't gushed about a player this much since I spent the last draft defending Samson Satele, and he was praised to high heaven for his movement on sweeps, well Donald Thomas is over a half second faster then Samson is.
I've heard that he doesn't have enough sand in his bucket to really anchor down against the inside p-rushers, or that if he doesn't get his hands on them, he has trouble, that is why my new sigline is what is....:hi5:
:lol: at your sig
You're right though about teams finding ways to keep players they really want to develop and I think if he can play special teams well then he'll be kept for that. That will definitely buy him time. Good points about the spot situations too. Man I would love for him to develop into a Satele like talent


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"Regan21286 wrote:
Haha, wouldn't be surprised if Parcells starts offering Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown, and John Beck in a multi-team trade to acquire Manningham, Hart, and Arrington.
As long as Parcells doesnt bolt to take a Michigan job after the year :lol:


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
I wanted Barry Booker over the DT we drafted. Barry though is more of a pass rushing 3/4 DE I guess we wanted Run stopping.
Actually Dotson right now is more of a pass rusher also. He'll need to bulk up to anchor against the run and learn better technique. Dont know Booker. Pretty good? Maybe Parcells doesnt want anyoine named Booker on his team


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
:lol: at your sig
You're right though about teams finding ways to keep players they really want to develop and I think if he can play special teams well then he'll be kept for that. That will definitely buy him time. Good points about the spot situations too. Man I would love for him to develop into a Satele like talent
And that sig is the cleaned up version of what was actually said...:lol:
I should like Murphy more then I currently do, for some reason the guy does nothing for me, he could be a RT next year if or when Vern Carey pulls stumps, Thomas could catch fire in TC and start a few preseason games, and then we will see.
Right now our Oline is:
Vern Carey, Murphy, Satele, Smiley, J Long
We have maybe 4 extra lineman including Thomas, Mormino and a couple of UDFa's..and for me Mormino as depth makes more sense then Mormino as starter...
"adamprez2003 wrote:
Actually Dotson right now is more of a pass rusher also. He'll need to bulk up to anchor against the run and learn better technique. Dont know Booker. Pretty good? Maybe Parcells doesnt want anyoine named Booker on his team
:lol:
Booker is a quick DT, has nice explosion. I know he is quicker and faster than Dotson. Maybe they think Dotson can grow into his frame and be a NT?
"BuckeyeKing wrote:
:lol:
Booker is a quick DT, has nice explosion. I know he is quicker and faster than Dotson. Maybe they think Dotson can grow into his frame and be a NT?
He can move around the line but I think he'll end up a 3-4 DE


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"