1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A-Rod to have hip surgery........to miss 10 weeks

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by PMZQ, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Arod is getting surgery on Monday that will put him out 6 to 9 weeks and then will get another surgery in the off season on the hip.

PMZQ likes this.
  2. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I think they are optimistic....I see him not coming back until sometime in mid-June.

3. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Not the best thing for the Yankees but the best thing for Alex to step away from the limelight for a bit. You at least hope he will stay far far away right?

4. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Well now he and Madonna have time to visit all the clubs. It will be interesting to see how far he stays away from the game, or if he travels with the team sometimes.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think he'll be likely to return mid July, again with hip injuries who knows. Utley was suppose to be out until May but looks like he'll be ready for opening day. And even if Arod is back it could effect his performance. I think the Yankees would be smart to go after someone like Beltre who plays good D and can hit and worry about what to do with him if and when Arod comes back.

The problem is Arod is such a lightning rod, no matter what the guy does it's big news. He could be at a McDonalds and that will be the talk of the town for a day. I agree I do think it would help if Arod just get his surgery and disappears for awhile (if I were the Yankees I'd put a gag order on him to tell him to shut up and not speak to the media until he gets back).

But you know no matter what happens with the Yankees while Arod is hurt the story will either be if the Yankees are winning that they don't need Arod and if they're losing the team needs Arod badly.

Really it's a no win situation.

6. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    They are going to shave the labrum - the typical rehab is 6 - 8 weeks -- This injury is a direct result of his quad injury last yr. Cody Ransom will play 3rd - angel berroa will not! The yanks played w/o arod for a month last yr and still won 98 games. They played for 2 months w/o jeter two yrs ago and won 103 games --

To the red sockers in the room - Mike Lowell's injury -- and i know this first hand -- was a result of a hip injury that happened in his Jr yr of college and he had put off taking care of it since then. That caused a degeneration in the labrum totally thus causing necorsis in his hip and all sorts of other issues in the last 3 yrs. This is the same injury that Chase utley had in which he did it before spring training last yr and played pretty well through it.

Arod is smart to get the arthroscopic now - that will keep the hip clean and keep it from catching which is what causes pain. At the end of the season he will need a 2nd surgery that will put him out for about 4 months.

7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Really? Do you have a link or anything like that? Not doubting you, just never heard that before, if true than wow the guy has been playing with a bum hip for 15 years.