1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A simple, yet effective idea

Discussion in 'Jobs Forum' started by GatorDrew84, Feb 6, 2009.

1. GatorDrew84

GatorDrew84 New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I've been in a job hunt since October 15th and have just recently thought of a great, free idea that is so far working really well. While I've just begun to work on it, Google Sites offers you the ability to have your own website for free.

It's incredibly easy to setup and they offer a slew of professional templates.

Check out my Google Site: http://sites.google.com/site/tatumonline/

To create your own, simply go to http://sites.google.com/

Even though I'm pretty tech-savvy, I'm pretty sure that if you can use Word you can do this. I've posted the link on my Facebook & LinkedIn profile and the URL is easy enough for me to remember to write it down on business cards or whatever when I'm out and about.

Good luck out there! :up:

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

employers will also do a search for facebook and myspace profiles so remember to not post that picture of you doing a keg stand, even if it was 5 years ago.

cnc66 likes this.
  3. GatorDrew84

GatorDrew84 New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Excellent point. Thus is why all those pictures have been removed or marked "friends only."

With Facebook, you can create groups of friends (ie: "Bosses" or "coworkers") and restrict it so that they can't see certain photo albums, wall posts, etc. Greatest idea ever.

cnc66 and anlgp like this.
  4. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Andrew. OT: Really, really great to see you round here. :knucks:

cnc66 likes this.
  5. GatorDrew84

GatorDrew84 New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Thanks Mary. Now when are you going to be my friend on Facebook? It always says "Friend Requested" :cry:

njfinfan likes this.
  6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Do I have a facebook account Andrew? I don't usually do myspace or facebook. I did do myspace briefly cause I did a facebook site for Miami Mike. Going to go look and see if I have one.

7. PHINFAN 4 LIFE

PHINFAN 4 LIFE Season Ticket Holder

Jan 6, 2008
    Fair Hill,Maryland
    rrgw