1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A-Team Movie Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by phunwin, Feb 16, 2010.

1. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

http://www.ateam-movie.com/

Is anyone else as stoked for this as I am? I haven't been this stoked for a movie since...um, Terminator: Salvation. God, I hope this turns out better.

What I wonder about is whether they'll try to maintain some of the lighthearted spirit of the original, or if they'll just make a generic action movie with four guys named Hannibal, Murdock, Face and B.A., with a few catchphrases thrown in to make it clear that they spent at least a couple hours watching old episodes. Admittedly, some of the stuff from the original series wouldn't age well. I'm sure we won't see Hannibal dressed up as the hot dog vendor, for instance. And there's no Amy Amanda Allen in the cast, so the "newspaper writes about vigilantes with a heart of gold" angle is probably gone (that also would not age well).

I like the casting. I don't think I could come up with a better choice than Liam Neeson for Hannibal. His involvement ensures that at least SOME of the scenes will be well acted. Bradley Cooper looks like a good fit for Face, too.

I love the decision to cast Rampage Jackson as B.A. If you want to cast someone for the role of an *** kicking machine with a terrible haircut and a truculent (thanks, Brian Burke) attitude, you could do worse than a former UFC light heavyweight champion. Hell, it's not like he's following Sir Laurence Olivier or anything; all he has to do is mumble through his lines, call Murdock a fool and call Hannibal crazy every so often and he's pretty much equaled Mr. T's performance on the show.

I know nothing about Sharlto Copley. But, am I nuts, or would Brent Spiner have knocked the Murdock role out of the park? Sure, he's a bit old, I get that. But you can live with a little older guy in the Murdock role; remember, he was the second highest ranking member of the team. (Hannibal was a colonel, Murdock a captain, Face a lieutenant and B.A. a sergeant)

There is one thing that irks me: they're using Lynch, and not Decker, as the military bad guy. I vehemently disagree with this. Lynch was a hapless dope. Colonel Roderick Decker was infinitely more competent, and a much better fit for the movie. Hell, the name alone sounds great. Moreover, Lynch appeared only in three episodes before the military cashiered him in favor of Decker (who was a recurring villain from seasons 1-4).

2. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I'm pretty excited about it. I loved the A-Team. I'm surprised and disappointed that they're not using Col. Decker. I doubt they'll be able to recreate the thing where a million rounds are fired and nobody ever gets hit in a movie in 2010. Or where Jeeps roll 20 times and nobody is injured.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    A-Team without Mr. T is just another unoriginal money-grab IMO.