1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very predictable draft in 2010?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Jan 6, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Boomer brought this up in the "looking ahead to 2010" thread and I thought it sharp enough commentary to be thead worthy:

4 teams may be in the market for a Qb, 2 DT's, 1 Safety 1 DE, 1 Tackle.

St. Louis (1-15)
    Detroit (2-14)
    Tampa Bay (3-13)
    Washington (4-12)
    Kansas City (4-12)
    Seattle (5-11)
    Cleveland (5-11)
    Oakland (5-11)
    Buffalo (6-10)
    Jacksonville^ (7-9)
    Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9)
    Miami (7-9)

Four or Five teams have Qb's, Tampa, KC, Detroit, Jacksonville, maybe Denver, maybe Seattle.

That puts those teams in the market for Suh, Berry, Bryant, Okung, Morgan, Cody, Bryant, McCoy, Okung, Claussen, Bradford.

There are 4 teams that are or may be in the market for 2 Qb's, Clausen and Bradford, Washington and Cleveland have the best shots at those two, Buffalo could use a Qb as well.

That means the market is:

St Louis-Claussen (but I doubt it he had surgery on his toes) Suh
    Detroit-Cody, Okung, Berry
    Tampa Bay-Berry, Morgan, Bryant
    Washington-Bradford, Okung, Dez Bryant, Berry
    KC-Bryant, Cody, Okung, Morgan,
    Seattle-Okung, Bradford, Claussen, Cody
    Cleveland-Claussen, Bradford, Haden, Bryant, Spiller
    Oakland-Okung, Bryant, Haden, Morgan, McCoy or Cody
    Buffalo-Cody, McCoy, McClain, if either Qb drops the Bills will snatch them up
    Jacksonville-Morgan, Mays, Griffen, Kindle, Bryant
    Denver-Bryant, Dunlap, McClain, Haden.

Point being, there are 12-15 players who could go top 12, with 1 surprise pick say a Anthony Davis or Bruce Campbell, draftniks cannot say with 100% accuracy who will go where, but they can say "Who" that will be drafted somehwere in those top 12 picks.

The problem with the Dolphins is, we need players on both sides of the ball, some maybe are addressed in Free Agency, like Wr or ILB maybe Te, but anyway we go we are probably looking at the Dunlaps and McClains, maybe Spiller, maybe McCoy or Williams or even Brian Price.

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good choices there. No love for Dez Bryant padre? I think he's got to be on the radar, as do McClain and Spikes. If somehow Eric Berry fell...I'd also cast an eye on a dark-horse of mine, depending on how he looks at the combine/interviews/team workouts, but Everson Griffen.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Oh no, I really like Dez Bryant, I expect him to be gone before #12 though, the Jags, Browns, Denver, Tampa Bay all could be, or are in, the market for a Wr.

4 teams have to pass on him for Bryant to even be there at #12, that is sort of what I was pointing to, the Top 10 are exactly that, even in January they are pretty much locked into stone.

And that is assuming Qb hungry teams overlook Claussen's toe cartilage surgery, my general rule is teams won't take a injured player with a high draft pick, they must be 100% in April, but there are always exceptions.

Cam Cameron took Ted Ginn when he had a liz francs..

RoninFin4 likes this.
  4. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My fault, didn't read your OP carefully enough. I think you're right on the money regarding the top 10. Obviously a lot depends on what we do in free agency, but the LB corp really needs to be addressed (I'd prefer Rolando McClain if he declares) but if somehow Berry or Bryant fell..well, I'm glad I'm not Jeff Ireland.

padre31 likes this.
  5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I just don't think they will fall though, Crabtree fell last draft, missed games until November and came in and played fine, a team who takes Bryant will expect similar production and take him earlier in the draft.

It would help if another Qb or Wr or Rb or LT emerged to push the current top 10 down a slot or three

6. ET7

ET7 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    are we talking about Morgan from GT? taht didn't play so well last night? You think he is top 5-7 slot?

I think it goes such:
    STL - Suh
    Det - Okung
    TB - McCoy
    Wash - Bradford
    KC - I can see them going iwth an ILB for the 3-4 or even Spiller or Price.
    Sea - Berry
    CLE - CLausen
    OAK - NO CLUE honestly, prob someone fast.
    Buff - Williams LT or even Cody (Not a fan of his, can see him drop)
    Jack - Morgan or Price or Griffen ( they 100% will go D line i think horrible pass rush team)
    Den - Haden, Bryant, or Dunlap.
    Miami SHOULD have Bryant, McClain, Spikes (not a fan of over McClain), Weatherspoon (ILB) etc to choose from. Strong possibility lots of talented players on hte board.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Spiller is a top talent and will likely be drafted accordingly. Chris Johnson is making the boy some money. And another tackle or two will step up.

EDIT: Mays has a lot of detractors on this board, but if/when he tears up the combine, I would not at all be shocked to see him somewhere in the 7-15 range.