1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a winning team

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by anlgp, Feb 13, 2013.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Dear Miami Dolphins,

All I want is a winning football team. That's it.

I don't care how you make it happen, but not being in playoff contention every year is reprehensible and downright disgusting.

We finished 2nd in the AFCE and had a 7-9 record.

We have a 1st round QB now. There is no reason for excuses any longer.

Surround the man with weapons and get us to the promised land to have at least a shot of getting the lombardi back in Miami.

I sit and watch other teams draft playmakers high - wide receivers, defensive backs, linebackers ... and I wonder besides the talent gap during the draft and FA which you can't control -- why it is you do not attempt to draft these positions higher.

Old regimes be damned; this new one is all we have.

I'm sick of not getting 6 down in the red zone.
    I'm sick of losing records.
    I'm sick of not having a shot at the playoffs.
    I'm sick of being behind the Patriots, of being a joke in the sports world, of minority owners, and logo changes.

I'm tired of not paying the guys that deserve to be payed and letting them walk only for them to sign onto division rivals to come back and bite us in the *** during those matches twice a year.

You have 5 picks in the 1st few rounds and 40 million in cap space. This team should be able to be turned around in a pretty damn big hurry. The difference between 7-9 and 11-5 is a few pieces here and there that are the "right" pieces here and there, and we can accomplish that if the moves made are smart and well thought out.

And that is partially what scares me. You've shown that you're concerned about the business side; that you're concerned about making the fan experience better and bringing J-Lo's talents to south beach.

Well, if you put a winning football team on the field the fan experience will be better with or without J-Lo, and I can't even attend games. I get pissed off watching from approximately 850 miles away.

Sometimes I think this is the worst long distance relationship ever.

I'm pulling on my end and I fail to see what you're doing on yours besides courting entertainers and trying to change the logo when it doesn't really need changes and trying to renovate the stadium.

Just go find some talent and add to the roster where we have deficiencies and make us win.

- Gapper

Aquafin and Fin-Omenal like this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I approve this post.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

3. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    You had me at ........winning football team.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Playmakers?

Winning team?

:evil:

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Seems to be the response so far

6. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I aprove and I am sick of the following as well.

I'm sick of not getting 6 down in the red zone.
    I'm sick of losing records.
    I'm sick of not having a shot at the playoffs.
    I'm sick of being behind the Patriots, of being a joke in the sports world, of minority owners, and logo changes.

I'm tired of not paying the guys that deserve to be payed and letting them walk only for them to sign onto division rivals to come back and bite us in the *** during those matches twice a year.

You have 5 picks in the 1st few rounds and 40 million in cap space. This team should be able to be turned around in a pretty damn big hurry. The difference between 7-9 and 11-5 is a few pieces here and there that are the "right" pieces here and there, and we can accomplish that if the moves made are smart and well thought out.

And that is partially what scares me. You've shown that you're concerned about the business side; that you're concerned about making the fan experience better and bringing J-Lo's talents to south beach.

Well, if you put a winning football team on the field the fan experience will be better with or without J-Lo, and I can't even attend games. I get pissed off watching from approximately 850 miles away.

Sometimes I think this is the worst long distance relationship ever.

I'm pulling on my end and I fail to see what you're doing on yours besides courting entertainers and trying to change the logo when it doesn't really need changes and trying to renovate the stadium.

Just go find some talent and add to the roster where we have deficiencies and make us win.

- Gapper

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, no one probably wants to hear this but one way to look at the last 3 yrs is to say it didn't work, and the team is being blown up with Tannehill as the centerpiece

All fine and good, it also means we face the real possibility of being very crappy in 2013