Aaron Curry invites leukemia survivor to draft

5 replies

Apr 15, 2009, 01:07 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/14/curry.ap/index.html

"We were acting like he was just taking me on a regular tour around the hospital," Curry said. "Toward the end we ended up outside tossing each other a football and I just started talking about the draft.

"He said he had seen it and I was telling him that I had been invited and if he would join me in this experience. So I said, 'So come to New York with me and get drafted into the NFL."'

Great, great story. Kudos to Aaron for having a big heart :hi5:

ATVZ400ATVZ400New Member
Apr 15, 2009, 01:22 PM

Sounds like a great person

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Apr 15, 2009, 01:41 PM

wow....thats incredible

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Apr 15, 2009, 09:33 PM

Curry is a big ball of talent who also has his head on straight....not to many of his type in the NFL now.

bakedmattbakedmattNew Member
Apr 17, 2009, 12:44 AM

I'm proud of him. He seems very kind. But I hope ESPN doesn't overdo this story on draft day.

@matthewfpepin

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Apr 17, 2009, 12:45 AM

Jeez, this guy's character is just shooting up the roof. If he plays well, the NFL has their ambassador.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39