1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abraham / Dirrell Fight: Abraham is SCU<

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by High Definition, Mar 27, 2010.

1. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Abraham / Dirrell Fight: Abraham is SCUM

That was the biggest low blow in the history of sports for the rest of you all who are watching the Dirrell / Abraham fight. He could of KILLED him or damaged him for life and he KNEW what he was doing. Holy crap.

I have no bias in this fight and have never put so much anger into sports in my life... I would seriously harm that dude outside of the ring myself if I was someone close to Dirrell.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Care to elaborate for someone who has no clue what you're talking about? Please.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yeah That.

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    from twitter.

5. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I'll provide youtube when it becomes available. Malicious as ****...

Abraham hit Dirrell, Dirrell fell down, Abraham LOOKED DOWN AT HIM ON THE GROUND, then threw another jab right to the face. He got DQ'ed and Dirrell (who btw, was up 9-1 in the round by round count and was the first boxer ever to knock 31-0 Abraham down in a fight) doesn't even know he won the fight at this point. He definitely has a concussion or something.

More malicious than any head to head you've ever seen on Sundays.

On top of it, when Abraham's ***** *** is interviewed, he says, "He's a good actor. Not a good boxer. A good actor."

Damn I want to murder that dude.

TiP54 likes this.
  6. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    The mother****ing return of Adolf Hitler (no racial intent, just a comparison based on being EVIL)...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KceqVTs6Eyg"]YouTube- DIRRELL WINS VIA DQ AGAINST ABRAHAM![/ame]

7. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    He's conscious but has no idea what's going on... in fact, he cried because he thinks he lost the fight. On way to hospital.

Shoot that dude Detroit!

Hitler post game: LAUGHING while saying, "He's a good actor. Not a good boxer. A good actor!"

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Dude, calm the **** down. You're talking about murdering him for it. I know you don't mean it but chill out.

Firesole and GreenMonster like this.
  9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Difference is that I don't think he hit the guy because he's black. I think he hit the guy because he (Abraham) is piece of scum.

10. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Yeah I'm joking about the Hitler stuff... but you're right he is a piece of dog doo.

11. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    I do mean it though. If that was my brother or cousin or close friend or something... and I saw him laying there defenseless after a hit like that... think of it from the family aspect.

An attack outside of the ring = justifiable.

Dude could EASILY be damaged FOR LIFE from that blow. I don't think people understand the potential from that blow. I'm not trying to credit Abraham because he's a piece of crap who deserves all lifetime achievements to be disregarded, but he's a strong, strong dude. Not only that, but it was INTENTIONALLY MALICIOUS and he MOCKED Dirrell after the fact while laughing. That is just horrible. Devilish act. What a piece of TRASH individual.

I understand this is a family site, however, so let me edit some stuff out so others don't get offended. Apologies for my own malicious comments.

12. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Well I do agree that Abraham is a huge piece of scum.

13. High Definition

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Stuff like this just pisses me off man... it was a DAMN GOOD fight, too... DAMN GOOD

14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    he barely hit him, get over it. thats nothing compared to this....

[​IMG]

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  15. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    it was a cheap shot after how many rounds?? And want to guess who probably hits harder?

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    the boxer this thread is about didnt even hit him square....it was a cheap shot. but nothing to be saying to murder him over and calling him hitler.....its the heat of the moment, late hits happen in football also.....and other contact sports. its life. not a big deal

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Sick, there is a difference. Bisping deserved that hit because he was talking so much smack. Dirrell didn't. He was clearly down, no need to hit him. And the worst part is, he knew it was wrong.

18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    everyone "talks smack" before fights. its called a "build up" bisping didnt deserve to be knocked out cold and get punched with a full jumping punch to the face while unconcious. no one "deserves" that. i agree the boxer was wrong. but my opinion was the dan henderson/bisping thing was way worse. this wasnt even that bad imo.

19. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I thought that was a disgusting hit. I know UFC fighters are trained to keep going till its called but that was sickening. He could have mounted him and did whimpy hammer fist instead he used all of his momentum falling and followed through with that straight Right.

20. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    There's talking smack, then there's Michal Bisping. He literally called Dan Henderson a douchebag on numerous occassions.

21. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I know he was talking mad **** but as a professional fighter serious damage could have happened. That hit could have ended his career worst killed him.

22. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I don't think talking smack makes the hit okay, but I think talking enough of the right **** can really increase the chances that the other guy will give you a cheap shot.

23. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    There is cheap shot and life threatening.

24. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No I agree.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  25. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    The hit was a little extreme, but that's what happens when you call the person you're going to fight a douchebag.

26. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Good thing he didn't call him a butt pirate.

SICK and Alex44 like this.
  27. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    PEANUTBUTTER PIRATE

And no I will not explain what that is on this board :lol:

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    .....no it isnt.

GreenMonster likes this.
  29. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    for a professional fighter when the guys dead on his knees like that, no.

High Definition likes this.
  30. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Damn I wasted time reading this and watching that YouTube for that? That wasn't any huge blow or anything. I've seen way, way worse in MMA, where they use smaller gloves........and knees.

That was hardly anything to get upset about, let alone call for the guy's murder.

31. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    it was absolutely a cheap shot. the boxer is no doubt a D-Bag of epic proportions for doing it...

and being a trained boxer, could he probably hit harder than Dan Henderson? yes.

but, the punches being compared and the circumstances need to be considered. the boxing punch was a glancing blow, it did not connect solidly. the shot Henderson hit Bisping with was thrown against a guy who was already out, and whose head was resting against the canvas. because he was out, he could not brace for it at all.

so Bisping absorbed every bit of the impact. the boxer actually fell TOWARD the direction the shot came from not away as the momentum should have taken him. and there was a pause between the punch, and when he fell.

plus when you factor in MMA's 4 ounce gloves versus the more padded gloves boxers wear, i'd take the shot the boxer took over the one Bisping took every time.

32. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It might have only been a glancing blow, but the intention was to connect.

If an evil villian is going to blow up the world using nuclear bombs, but when he pushes the button they don't go off, he's still just as evil.

It doesn't matter which hit was harder. They were equally cheap.

33. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    What pissed me off was his comments afterwards. Saying he wasn't a boxer but a good actor. Dirrell had no idea where he was.

34. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    1) I'm pretty sure a boxer punches harder then most mma fighters as that is all they are training for the most part.
    2) It was a right hook which is a power punch for a guy in his standard stance.
    3) He connects right on the chin.
    4) It was In the later rounds which mean the guy has taken even more shots before that.
    5) He was defenseless and facing forward.
    4 ounce gloves or boxing size gloves I'd take the bisping punch because I guarantee you its not close to a right cross from a boxer even if he doesn't hit you square.

35. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    he had nothing behind that punch. just cause he's a boxer, doesnt mean every punch is strong. id rather take that shot than the haymaker from hendo...not to mention the gloves factor.

this is bad, and a bad hesitant decision gone wrong...but not as bad as Gollatta's 3 straight upper cuts to Riddick Bowe's junk...or tysons arm bar and ear biting.

SICK likes this.
  36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    he torqued his body he had plenty behind it I'm sure. And boxers wear what 8-10 oz gloves. You guys really think the couple of ounces make that much difference from impact?

37. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    yes. boxing gloves are designed to protect your opponent. mma gloves are designed to protect your hands.

and he torqued a little, at a height that was an awkward shot. hendo had besides torque, his whole body traveling through the target. i mean literally, his whole body.

i mean c'mon. we're talking about human beings. boxers arent mystical beings. these guys arent super saiyans. hendo probably spends 10-15 hours a week boxing.

boxers are better at boxing than a mma guy, because they are better at the sport, the rules, the craft...and sure they put more time into one specific area. but roy jones jr. can't punch harder than bobby lashley simply because he's a boxer.

the hardness of a punch doesnt default to a boxer all the time in every situation. and especially not in this case. they're just better at the game. raw power is usually on an athletic case by case basis.

38. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I think you guys are the ones trying to make the mma guys into mythical beasts. I mean really you are arguing a guy whose craft is 10x more punching then another guy is going to be less then the other guy. You are also arguing that a guy completely defenseless took just a chip shot from a guy who is number 5 in the world in his weight class, landing a power shot. And I never said the hardness defaults to the boxer in every situation, but you wouldn't expect the sculptor to be awesome at painting. Its just the way it is.

He torqued, that would mean you are wrong about having nothing on it. It was far from just a passing shot.
    Not sure why you guys have to sell it as such, but I have shown why it is more. Hendo had a tough shot and I never said it wasn't I did say though how I don't see hendos was that much more worse as sick implied. And hendo doesn't have as much torque as you can see from the gif he doesn't turn on his back foot as much. In fact he's more square when he throws his shot, although he does have gravity. But again I don't see how his is super horrible and the boxers punch isn't. Thats beyond ridiculous.

39. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    dude, i didnt read this whole thread so i dont know about the beginning stuff...but boxing is a HUGE part of mma, and no one is saying mma guys are better than boxers at boxing...thats crazy. but theres a lot of mma guys that are sick pugilists and they all need boxing at some capacity.

when i watch the hendo video, i was talking about his first shot...its just a ridiculous, perfect shot with his whole body exploding through bisping's face. id take 5 of any of the other shots before taking that one.

and the cheap shot, the guy hesitated. he torques, but he hesitates, and its a pulled shot. its certainly not near 100%. hendo's pounce..he drops a bomb with 6 foot free fall of momentum against a head that absorbs the blow into the mat. its def. worse.

i dont want to be on the receiving end of any of them. im not sure we're even disagreeing at this point..but shame on you for assuming id have read all the other posts. and stop being a boxing homer. boxing homer.

40. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    will do when you stop running into boxing threads to defend mma, mma fanboy.
    I'm not hating on mma doode it just is what it is. I know they need boxing, but training in all they train in I doubt they do it nearly as much as boxers. Even if they are ex boxers, I doubt they do only boxing training. So yes, boxers will punch harder.

High Definition likes this.