1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addai Trade

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by slickj101, Sep 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Aright, so we all know Addai has been horrible. Some of this is him, a lot of it is his mangled OL and Peyton Manning and now Bob Sanders being out cripples their team a little more.

So now I'm really considering moving him to get a different rb and a wr.

My team is currently:

Palmer, Cassel

Addai, Kevin Smith, Slaton, Fred Jackson

Marshall, Fitz, Bowe, Walter

Cooley, Carlson

Min, Ari

Prater

The guy who's interested is offering any combination of the two:

Lewis, Stewart, CJ, Welker, or Tony Gonzalez or Big Ben (the last two are irrelevant)

So I'm def considering Stewart and Welker for Addai. Another reason besides just getting more production from my RBs, is that Brandon Marshall just got into more BS and I could lose him for the end of the season. Getting Welker would definitely cement my WR line up for the year. Obviously John Stewart will eventually wind up the starter in Car and looks like he already took over the goal line carries.

Thoughts?

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I would do stewart and calvin johnson for addai in a heartbeat.

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    So would I if CJ wasnt Chad Johnson.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I think I'm gonna pull the trigger for Welker and Stewart. Would be nice to have 3/4 Marshall, Fitz, Welker, and Bowe. They all have different bye weeks so I would never have to make any wire moves or be weak at WR.

I think Stewart will probably out-produce Addai at least in the first half of the season. His schedule looks way better.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think that's a reach. Addai edged toward productivity in week 2, and has a more favorable matchup in week 3; Stewart plays Minnesota.

It looks like Stewart is starting to get some goal line carries, which bodes well, but I wouldn't view him as an upgrade or even a sidegrade to Addai.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Addai had 20yds rushing and 2 rec for 13yds. He had a 1yd TD that was a gift to say the least.

I could prob get more production from Stewart. Maybe not this week bc he plays Minn, but his schedule is 10x better.

Plus I would get Welker.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'm not enthralled with Welker now that Brady's down.

Actually, I put Addai up for trade in In_Flames' league, and Hanover Hellraisers (whoever that is!) sent me an offer: TJ Houshmandzadeh and Thomas Jones for Joseph Addai and Kevin Walter. I'm inclined to reject that trade, because it just feels to me like he's trying to dump two disappointing players on me.

8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I think Welker will be fine because they want to have Cassel hit more short passes instead of him trying to throw bombs to Moss and missing.

That other trade is crap though.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'll say. He's got guys like Matt Forte, Andre Johnson (on his bench!), Felix Jones, Darren Sproles, Terrell Owens, and Santonio Holmes... and he offers me Housh and Thomas Jones. :pity:

Edit: I sent a counter-offer. Addai and Kevin Walter for Andre Johnson and Darren Sproles.

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I like that counter. Who in their right mind would bench AJ for TJ?

That team is stacked though.

11. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    His WR lineup is Housh, Santonio Holmes, and Owens. I don't get why Johnson is sitting either. Maybe he's trying to influence me to accept the trade by hiding Andre Johnson on his bench?

He'll probably reject the counter, though. A lot of people in these leagues are trying to turn waiver pickups into outright thievery. I have LT in the second Club Level league, and someone picked up Darren Sproles. I offered DeAngelo Williams, he countered with Sproles for Matt Forte. What? Sproles is a handcuff who'll be back on the bench in 2 weeks. :pity:

12. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    If Andre Johnson and Shaub stay healthy hes prob a top 5 WR in the league IMO, or damn close.

lol If people are trying to turn waiver pickups into gold then they need to pick their target wisely.

I happen to be one of the few who did turn a waiver pickup into gold. I traded Deshaun Jackson and D Williams for Dwayne Bowe and Fred Jackson.

My target accepted the trade and then I said, "Kind of suprised you took that so quickly with Brown and Curtis coming back".

He responded with, "#@#!, I forgot about that".

13. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Wow. Great trade, man! Wish I could pull that off somewhere.

Unfortunately, everyone keeps trying to sell me poop by claiming it's chocolate. :sad:

14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I got Roddy White for Eddie Royal (WW pickup), but with Matt Ryan at QB, it might end up being a push.

15. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Thanks man. Keep tryin and if you happen to step on some nice grapes in the waiver wire then wait for a big week and turn it into wine.

16. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Roddy racked up 1200 yards with 3 different QBs last year. He'll be fine. Though personally, I'd have kept Eddie, at least for another week. (Then again, my receiver evaluations have SUCKED this year. Some guys I've drafted or picked up: Engram, Colston, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, Robert Meachem.)

I hope so. I've really hit on the QBs this year; Kurt Warner, Aaron Rodgers, Donovan McNabb. I managed to pick up Favre in a couple of leagues after he was reinstated... and traded him for Colston. D'oh!

17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Eh a lot of that is bad luck though.

Farve for Colston on paper, is a hell of a trade for someone who got Farve on a wire.

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Bad luck indeed. I tried getting Reggie Brown off waivers, but then HE went and got hurt. :tantrum:

Anyway... my trade got counter-proposed; Andre Johnson and Darren Sproles for Addai and Stewart. That one's a definite reject; Sproles' value will only go down and Stewart's value will only go up.

19. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Definitely. I really like Stewart. I think he could be the best rookie to come out of this year's class next to Forte.

I'm still hoping Slaton can prove to be another monster waiver wire aquisition for me. Doubt I'm gonna find out this week though.

20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think Stewart is the clear-cut best RB of his class, better than Forte and Mendenhall by a mile. If he keeps getting goal line touches, he's fantasy gold. Anyway, told him I'd do Andre Johnson and Matt Forte for Addai and Stewart. We'll see.

Good luck with Slaton. I don't think he's a three-down back in the NFL. He's a situational guy. Houston screwed the pooch taking him instead of Kevin Smith, IMO.

21. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    chad johnson isn't going to put an egg up all season. In the end he will finish with better stats than welker

22. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That would be a real nice trade for you.

I think Slaton is too small to be an every down back but we'll find out soon enough.

23. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I duno about that. Welker is very consistant and CJ is the opposite right now. Cincy has a horrible schedule, OL, Palmer is off to an awful start and CJ could get hit once and be done for the year with his shoulder.

I don't like those odds.

24. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    CJ is highly over rated. 70% of his TD's last year came in 3 games...which means 3 GREAT games....he may even win them for you, but he'll let you down a lot. I had this discussion last year with my brother in law about CJ vs. Housh...he drafted CJ I drafted Housh.....

CJ is great, I wouldn't kick him out of the bed for eating crackers......uh..i mean off my team....but I'd be wary of him as well.