Adding Space To PS3?

3 replies

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew MemberOP
Sep 26, 2008, 01:52 AM

I've got an original 60 gig, and I'm looking to turn that into a total of 80-120 gigs. What's the easiest way to go about adding space? Price doesn't really matter, but I don't like overpaying. I've noticed that a ton of people talk about their "150 gig PS3's" - I load mine with Screeners & DVD Rips for whatever isn't out on Blu-Ray yet. I must have a total of 40-50 movies on there.

I'm sorry, but I'm sort of a tech-idiot. :tongue2:

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

xer0xer0New Member
Sep 26, 2008, 02:29 AM

You can replace the hard drive with another that is a 2.5" and SATA. Basicially a laptop SATA drive should work...and the installation process is pretty easy....just make sure you backup your data.

Here's a guide for it all...

PS3 Hard Drive Upgrade - Step by Step Instructions to Upgrade Your PlayStation 3 Hard Drive

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Sep 26, 2008, 02:30 AM

Buy any 2.5" Serial ATA hard drive. Hard drives for laptops mainly. This is the one I installed recently:

Newegg.com - Seagate Momentus 7200.3 ST9250421AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebooks Hard Drive - Laptop Hard Drives

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Sep 27, 2008, 01:15 AM

Appreciate it, guys!

I'll try it out and see how it works.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?