1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advise

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by njfinfan, Jul 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    People - I need your thoughts and advice. I'm floored. Hubby ordered Chinese food today for lunch. He ordered 2 items off the lunch specials menu. 1 item he ordered was Spicy Beef with Chinese Vegetables. What he received was Beef with Broccoli. I called the person at the restaurant to ask for them to deliver the right thing and she said make sure that you have the Beef with Broccoli to exchange with the driver. I thought to myself "this is disturbing" and asked her why. She said they needed to repackage it to sell to someone else. I said to Chris - if they'll do that, what's to say the food you just got has not been repackage to sell to you. This has to be unsanitary, at the very least.

Is this even ethical? I'm torn between calling the cops and/or calling the BBB.

Miamian likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Most food places I know toss the food or eat it themselves if it's a mom and pop place.

My dad is a chef and I don't think he's ever had the food back to give to other people.

I know they'll lose some money and that's probably what this is all over but that's just disgusting.

njfinfan likes this.
  3. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Yuk.
    Make them take all of it back, then call the BBB before some one really gets sick or worse.

like2god, gunn34 and njfinfan like this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    call someone immediatley......thats disgusting.....you could have done anything to that food and they would just give it to someone else.....call someone asap mary!

gunn34, njfinfan and dolphindebby like this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Uhhmm

Pretty darn sure they would be shut-down in a second if health inspectors found out that they were indeed doing this.

Also, no way in hell should you be eating that food Miss Mary

Crappy Tipper and njfinfan like this.
  6. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, I agree with everyone else.. very disgusting. Call your local health department and report them...

7. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    That's what I told Chris guys. I HATE chinese food, but he could eat it 24/7. I think I'll look and see if there is an online BBB. I don't want to disturb the police. Reminds me of the lady who called 911 because a fast food restaurant was out food up here (I think McDonalds). She actually got arrested for it. How do you tie up emergency phone lines like that? :lol:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  8. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Not sure the BBB is gonna be much help, I know that past instances I have had with them has been less than stellar

Would really suggest you GOOGLE your local health inspector's dept. They actually have the ability to instantaniously shut the place down until an inspection occurs.

9. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    You know what Kenny? Mat (GIK) suggested that too. That's what I'm going to do. Thanks - you guys rock. Chris didn't seem concerned and ate it, but maybe that was because he was so hungry - he's been so sick the past couple days.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Even real chinese food? Don't want to confuse real chinese food with the crap you get at all the fast food/buffet and mass produced chinese food restaurants :pointlol:

11. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    The Chinese restaurant where I live got shut down for a few days for having a lawn mower in their kitchen....

The sad thing is that I will still order to go from there every now and then... :pity:

njfinfan likes this.
  12. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Quit hatin' on our Americanized Chinese Food! :tongue2:

anlgp and jdang307 like this.
  13. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :lol: It's cheap right Mat? Did you ever find out why they had a lawn mower in their kitchen?

14. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    I <3 chinese food. I could also live on it.

njfinfan likes this.
  15. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Disgusting...Call the health department. If I found out a restaurant I like did that, I wuld call the HD and they would lose a customer.

gunn34 and njfinfan like this.
  16. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Where's Reagan when you need him?
    I bet HE could Iron this all out :shifty:...

What???....

Okay, I went there. :pity:

1armychick and njfinfan like this.
  17. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Yep - don't like all Chinese food. Well, at least here, in Jersey. Never been to China or Chinatown, however. I pretty much like all kinds of food, especially Italian.

18. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Nuh uh Kenny. Oh no you di'int go there. Not that I think he was a stellar president, but my dad died of Alzheimer's. It was horrifying to witness.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  19. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    For the record, I LOVE good Chinise food, but nothing worse than bad Chinise food, or any from those places that keep gardening equipment in the kitchen

:tongue:

20. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, that was a typo on my part :lol:

I of course was talking about our own Regan who of course is of oriental discent

njfinfan likes this.
  21. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Our chinese place here is awesome. I came home from being away and found a chinese food container in our fridge. I'm beyond pissed.

njfinfan likes this.
  22. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    The one in LaGrange, GA got closed down for a few weeks. There were all kinds of rumors of course about why. Some were pretty disgusting.

njfinfan likes this.
  23. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    They shut one down back in Tucson cause a friend of mine found freakin staples cooked into his Egg-Foo-Yung

Found out it was actually a disgruntled employee trying to sabotage business

24. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Please call the Health Dept. I would never order from there again.

njfinfan likes this.
  25. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Ran over a cat? :confused2:

26. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    we had a local chinese resteraunt shut down for serving dog..

one of our local tv stations.. wptv west palm, has an ongoing investigative program where they post inspection results and tell everyone the good and bad. Then they try and go in for themselves.. I find myself paying attention because some of the stuff I have seen personally.

27. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    They may have just wanted the food back to make sure that you weren't just trying to get a free meal. Regardless, I would probably avoid that place.

steveincolorado and cnc66 like this.
  28. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    My wife works for the BBB (the first one ever, here in MN), and this type of issue just isn't what they're set up for.

As others have said, the Health Dept. is your best COA. Also, please tell everyone you know about this. Word of mouth is an incredibly effective form of advertisement, especially when it's negative...

njfinfan likes this.
  29. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chinese food. :tt1:

Call the health department and check with local news media to see if they have a team for this kind of thing as many do.

njfinfan likes this.
  30. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    For the salad bar.

31. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    :lol:

NaboCane likes this.
  32. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Yep and oops didn't read this before I posted. Must read whole thread before hitting reply.

I think channel 12 is doing it too.

Please tell me the one you're talking about wasn't Uncle Kais in Stuart I loved that place and they closed down a while back. I always got the ribs and or wings. That couldn't be dog...could it?

33. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    don't recall the name TJ, but it was at Kanner and Monterrey, where Shells was in the nw corner of the intersection.

TJamesW_Phinfan likes this.
  34. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Got some advice for you.

Forget the BBB. it is a waste of time.

The Health department is a rather long drawn out process as well.

Find out if you have a Business permit department. it is similar to the DBPR here in Florida.

You will get somebody on the phone right away....you can file a complaint wit them. THEY WILL immediately check if their permits are in order and then they will immediately check to see if they filed for a Grease trap permit and had one installed.

If NOT...they shut them down immediately.

If not..they send an inspector over immediately to check it. If it is not clean...they make them clean it in their presence.

and yes...I have done this before.....

njfinfan likes this.
  35. screamer

screamer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    United States
    Chinese food is kinda like Vegas. What happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen!

njfinfan likes this.
  36. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Must be something with Chinese restaurants. My sister went to a place and ordered orange chicken and rice, she ate some of it and took it back because there was hair in it and they scraped her half-eaten food right back into the bin. Maybe the standards are different over there and when they come here they don't think twice about doing things that violate health laws. I'd call BBB and the board of health, there isn't much that the cops would be able to do.

njfinfan likes this.
  37. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I was going to post the same thing, but I wanted to read the whole thread first before I did:wink2:

It's a very good point.:up:

njfinfan likes this.
  38. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    What's crazy is that I have been waiting for like 7 hours for my Beef with Broccoli...I hope it gets here soon!

I called and they said they had to stop off and get it....guess they have a 2nd location I dont know about....hope it gets here soon.

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  39. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    We had a local Chinese place shut down for having cats in the freezer.

I have since sworn off Chinese food.

40. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    ....When you comin' home dad?
    I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
    You know we'll have a good time then...
    :hi5:

screamer and steveincolorado like this.